+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Applied in September 2017 from Pakistan (timeline)

Talha28

Sep 25, 2017
Thats absolutely correct. But brother they are really slow in processing as compared to US i applied in 2016 and the whole process merely took 2 weeks. And its been already 2 weeks and they are still stuck there.

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Dear All, After reading this post very carefully, i am bit afraid about my own case i applied on 15th September 2017. There will be graduation ceremoney of my sister on 11th Oct and she insisted me to apply and visit the event. i half halfheartedly apply Canadian Visit Visa and waiting for the outcome.
I previously had strong travel history includes US visits in 2016, UK in August 2017 , Schengen in Aug 2017, Australia etc.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Dear All, After reading this post very carefully, i am bit afraid about my own case i applied on 15th September 2017. There will be graduation ceremoney of my sister on 11th Oct and she insisted me to apply and visit the event. i half halfheartedly apply Canadian Visit Visa and waiting for the outcome.
I previously had strong travel history includes US visits in 2016, UK in August 2017 , Schengen in Aug 2017, Australia etc.
Don’t worry and stay positive. Keep everyone updated if you get any response or progress in your visa application. Usually they are processing Pakistani applications in 50 days time. By the way how did you submit your application, Paper based or online ?

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Don’t worry and stay positive. Keep everyone updated if you get any response or progress in your visa application. Usually they are processing Pakistani applications in 50 days time. By the way how did you submit your application, Paper based or online ?
Dear Haseeb , Thanking you for the reply :).
I am very positive and hoping for the best outcome.
I applied paper based and biomet done on the same day.
In past i applied for my parents and my father and mother got the visa in 20 days (5 years and 2 years respectively), then my mother renew her canada visa and got 10 year visa ( as per passport validity) in 17 days. My uncle and aunty applied and got visa in exact 30 days.
Based on past experience i applied for my visa and lets see. I also link my paper based application to online system and this is the outcome i received :). I am actually unable to understand what exactly this table is saying .. Please help me in understanding this table and status as well.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.Help
Review of eligibilityWe are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.Help
Review of medical resultsYou do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.Help
Review of additional documentsWe do not need additional documents.Help
InterviewYou do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.Help
BiometricsWe do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.Help
Background checkWe are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.Help

outstandinguy

Dec 13, 2009
In past i applied for my parents and my father and mother got the visa in 20 days (5 years and 2 years respectively), then my mother renew her canada visa and got 10 year visa ( as per passport validity) in 17 days. My uncle and aunty applied and got visa in exact 30 days.
Based on past experience i applied for my visa and lets see. I also link my paper based application to online system and this is the outcome i received :). I am actually unable to understand what exactly this table is saying .. Please help me in understanding this table and status as well.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.Help
Review of eligibilityWe are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.Help
Review of medical resultsYou do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.Help
InterviewYou do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.Help
BiometricsWe do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.Help
Background checkWe are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.Help
Hi Folks,

Am also looking forward to have the above explained as the same is reflecting in my parents gckey.

They applied online on 19th sep and biometric was done on 26th sep. The only update received so far was the confirmation of app submission and biometric collection letter (both received same day i.e. 19th sep).

Fingers crossed...hope for the positive outcome for all of us...

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Yes, mine is also on same status. Everything is idle except the Biometrics column status is updated to done on 11th septmeber. I have a time crucial situation as I going to New York on 16th October to attend th AES and NAB show which is happening from 18th to 20th of October. I intend to travel from 23rd October till 25th October to Canada to meet one of my supplier. I don’t understand if there will be an outcome occur after my travel how will I tackle that situation ? I can send my passport from the New York visa office also ? As I am returning back on 28th October from New York.

ZZoro

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015

Hi
I have the same status since July...... but if you need to urgently go to Canada, i think there is an option of filling an online form CSE (Case Specific Enquiry) to Abu Dhabi........ and you request to expedite process on your application, explaining why they should do that...... (not an expert but my best guess) however, Bryanna (a member here) has the best knowledge.

ambreenk

Aug 6, 2014
Hello there, my parents applied on Sep 11, 2017 and got the visa today i.e. Sep 29. They applied on paper. Hope this helps.

Reactions: sabeen

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
I
Hello there, my parents applied on Sep 11, 2017 and got the visa today i.e. Sep 29. They applied on paper. Hope this helps.
I believe they already had previous visits to Canada and they just sent their passport for Visa renewals, according to my knowledge such cases are processed faster as compare to normal first time applicants.

Can you please share that link ? The CSE one.

ambreenk

Aug 6, 2014
I

I believe they already had previous visits to Canada and they just sent their passport for Visa renewals, according to my knowledge such cases are processed faster as compare to normal first time applicants.

Can you please share that link ? The CSE one.
What is CSE? Sorry I don't know.

They did have previous visits, but their super visa was expired. They applied for a new visa. I did not know that these applications get processed faster.

ambreenk

Aug 6, 2014
What is CSE? Sorry I don't know.

They did have previous visits, but their super visa was expired. They applied for a new visa. I did not know that these applications get processed faster.
This time they applied for a regular visa, not a super visa.

haseebali

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Got this Refusal letter. So unfair.

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After a careful review of your temporary resident visa application
and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. I am refusing your application.
In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:
• the information in the travel and identity documents;
• the reason for the travel to Canada;
• the person’s contacts in Canada;
• the person’s ties to his or her country of residence (including immigration status, employment and family
ties);
• the person’s ability to pay for the trip and to support himself or herself while in Canada;
• whether the person is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the person is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay.
To help you understand my decision, the reason(s) are provided on the following pages.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your
situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you application meets the requirements of
the Act and the Regulations for the reasons explained below. Please note that only the grounds that are checked
off apply to the refusal of your application.
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
travel history
immigration status in country of residence
Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
Length of proposed stay in Canada
Purpose of visit
Employment prospects in country of residence
Current employment situation
Personal assets and financial status
[x] Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada
any history of contravening the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.

ZZoro

Star Member
Jul 18, 2015
[x] Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada

Sorry to hear that.... Good luck for next time......
With so many things in consideration,.... i don't know if any of us qualify for it.... I have not heard any one from Pakistan getting a TRV.... (not supervisa) i think only parents get supervisa, that's all...... never mind....
... not bothered any more,,,, i am mentally prepared for my refusal..... it's Canada's loss! :)

As the great Iqbal says " Sitaroon se agay Jehan aur bhi hn" so... don't worry, address this issue in your next apply.... Wish u good luck.