+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in July 2018

sandhu_heera_preet

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
I have completed my PG course in canada this May after that i moved to India since my next course was starting in September. I have applied for TRV on July 5 but still no response . Just incase i miss this intake and go for the next intake that is in Jan , will this effect my work permit . Generally when u do a two year course you get a three year work permit but since i ll be taking a gap of eight months will there be reduction in the year for work permit. I am very worried if my visa doesn’t come soon i ll miss this intake . @Bryanna could you give your inputs on this
If you will miss sep intake then better apply PGWP if you completed your course before less than 90 days and you still have valid study permit. You can get 1 year PGWP

Hatcoco

Aug 25, 2010
just received passport submission request. My timeline is as below:
Online Application Submitted: 26th July
Application Approved & passport submission: 16th August
Congrats on your application approval. Is your application for a TRV? Did you get biometrics done and if you did when? Thanks

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Applied on 24th for TRV as dependant of work permit holder. Linked paper based application being processed at Bangalore consulate.
No movement so far except for two acknowledgement emails, 1st on 27th Jul and 2nd on 8th Aug.

nav1402

Oct 13, 2017
Did you apply paper based? Did you get any email when eligiblilty started?
Yes, it's a paper based. No i have not received any email.
I called CIC and from automated answering machine i got the status.
I was calling almost everyday and yesterday it said they are working on the eligibility.

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Yes, it's a paper based. No i have not received any email.
I called CIC and from automated answering machine i got the status.
I was calling almost everyday and yesterday it said they are working on the eligibility.
Oh! So you havn't linked your application online?

Sunnydhaliwal

Aug 14, 2018
Applied on 26 July at jalandar vfs for my mom ND me ND transferred to New Delhi embassy on 27 July ND still nothing tracking I'd shows for both me ND mom is proceed at New Delhi embassy anybody here got visa from Delhi who applied in July

Narimane

Jul 11, 2018
IMO, you had a weak application and a TRV refusal was expected. I doubt GCMS notes is going to reveal anything extraordinary.

The key reason for your TRV refusal:
You have a PR application in process and IRCC knows you want to avoid waiting it out in India. This is frowned upon.

Even if we do not consider your PR application:

1. Travel History:
Travel to countries like Maldives and Singapore which are liberal in issuing visas to everyone, do not count as travel history. It would have helped if you had previously traveled to countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc for similar purpose of visit.

Your application would have immediately triggered the question: Why do you want to visit Canada?
Answer: To avoid waiting it out in India until you get a PR decision.

2. Financials:
Your financials of CAD 5,000 are on the low side. Of course, your husband would have paid for everything.... but nonetheless, you don't have a strong financial situation that would compel you to return to India and/or to your employment.

3. Purpose of visit:
Your application has the 'I do not want to wait it out in India' written all over it (at least to the visa officer). S/he knows that no one will spend a good deal of money for a 8-days visit + you certainly won't return to India after the 8 days' visit (you would apply for extensions until you get your PR)

I suggest you do not reapply for a TRV until your PR processing seems closer to a decision
IMO, you had a weak application and a TRV refusal was expected. I doubt GCMS notes is going to reveal anything extraordinary.

The key reason for your TRV refusal:
You have a PR application in process and IRCC knows you want to avoid waiting it out in India. This is frowned upon.

Even if we do not consider your PR application:

1. Travel History:
Travel to countries like Maldives and Singapore which are liberal in issuing visas to everyone, do not count as travel history. It would have helped if you had previously traveled to countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc for similar purpose of visit.

Your application would have immediately triggered the question: Why do you want to visit Canada?
Answer: To avoid waiting it out in India until you get a PR decision.

2. Financials:
Your financials of CAD 5,000 are on the low side. Of course, your husband would have paid for everything.... but nonetheless, you don't have a strong financial situation that would compel you to return to India and/or to your employment.

3. Purpose of visit:
Your application has the 'I do not want to wait it out in India' written all over it (at least to the visa officer). S/he knows that no one will spend a good deal of money for a 8-days visit + you certainly won't return to India after the 8 days' visit (you would apply for extensions until you get your PR)

I suggest you do not reapply for a TRV until your PR processing seems closer to a decision
Hello Bryanna,

I applied for a work permit from the USA on July 5th ( via a lawyer). I received my BIL on July 17th and gave my biometrics on Aug 1st on appointment. My lawyer requested a two-week priority processing as I'm applying through the Mobilité francophone program (NOC 1122). For some reason, the lawyer's assistant forgot to upload a document so on Aug 13 we received a document request. At this stage, my eligibility is being reviewed and my background is being checked. When I called IRCC on Aug 16, the agent told me the VO hasn't looked at the additional document yet. On the CIC website, it says the work permit should be processed in 3 weeks once biometrics are submitted. I'm sad I fell out of the priority processing but I'm still hopeful that I may hear good news in a couple of days. I'm afraid the request of the additional document will cause delays. Do you think i'll still be able to get the approval within the 3-week time frame? Thank you!

Aaram

Jul 30, 2018
Hi
I applied by paper . I did not get any application number . How to verify the status of visa ?

dp2511

Aug 16, 2018
I applied on paper application on 12 july.
Acknowledgement email on 27th july.
Eligibility review stil not starred.
Bangalore visa office.
Anyone from july application got final decision or any update?