+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in July 2018

Aaram

Jul 30, 2018
I applied on July 4 via paper application . Still no response ? Haven’t linked mine to online account .

Aaram

Jul 30, 2018
I couldn’t link mine to online account . It’s asking for journey start date and end date. I haven’t given those dates in application while filing . Is there any other way to link ?

Nishant R

Aug 14, 2018
I have completed my PG course in canada this May after that i moved to India since my next course was starting in September. I have applied for TRV on July 5 but still no response . Just incase i miss this intake and go for the next intake that is in Jan , will this effect my work permit . Generally when u do a two year course you get a three year work permit but since i ll be taking a gap of eight months will there be reduction in the year for work permit. I am very worried if my visa doesn’t come soon i ll miss this intake . @Bryanna could you give your inputs on this

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have completed my PG course in canada this May after that i moved to India since my next course was starting in September. I have applied for TRV on July 5 but still no response . Just incase i miss this intake and go for the next intake that is in Jan , will this effect my work permit . Generally when u do a two year course you get a three year work permit but since i ll be taking a gap of eight months will there be reduction in the year for work permit. I am very worried if my visa doesn’t come soon i ll miss this intake . @Bryanna could you give your inputs on this
Are you not eligible for a PGWP after the course you just completed?

Nishant R

Aug 14, 2018
Are you not eligible for a PGWP after the course you just completed?
Yes i am , but since i wanted a 3 year WP I decided to another PG program . Is there any rule as such that when a student has a gap of eight or more months between his two courses the years for work permit is reduced

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes i am , but since i wanted a 3 year WP I decided to another PG program . Is there any rule as such that when a student has a gap of eight or more months between his two courses the years for work permit is reduced
The 8 months you've referred to is the minimum duration of a study program that you must attend to be eligible for a PGWP.

The rule that would concern you is:
  • If a student obtained a 1-year degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible institution in Canada after having obtained, within the prior 2 years, another degree, diploma or certificate from an eligible institution in Canada, the duration of the work permit may be up to 3 years.

Nishant R

Aug 14, 2018
My Eligibilty review has started three weeks back still no response . How long doea it usually take ?
My flight is on 20 th of this month

Reactions: LightRose