+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in April 2018 (India)

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied May 1, Offline, VFS Chandigarh.

1. Received a call for the interview scheduled after 10 days but no email or formal Interview letter...
Has anyone experienced an interview for TRV before. How and what to expect. Is it legitimate and when to expect email after the phone call?

2. In my main application form, i mistakenly wrote "Brother in law" instead of "Brother". how to correct this mistake. Rest all documents are correct.

Maninder Bhullar

Apr 20, 2018
Applied May 1, Offline, VFS Chandigarh.

1. Received a call for the interview scheduled after 10 days but no email or formal Interview letter...
Has anyone experienced an interview for TRV before. How and what to expect. Is it legitimate and when to expect email after the phone call?

2. In my main application form, i mistakenly wrote "Brother in law" instead of "Brother". how to correct this mistake. Rest all documents are correct.
Hello,
U from in punjab? I had faced interviews.

dj8855

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
My brother i like your attitude, and i wish you get approval this time. And now u have experience of how to do things.
Yeah brother. Thanks for the wishes. I have showed everything that I possibly could. I submitted a kind of mini PR file with the strong relation proofs and feelings. And also my wife would get to the PR result in next 3-4 months so therefore no point of overstaying. Hoping for the best this time.
Best of luck to you too!

ak_indi

Feb 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
These days many people are called for interviews. This is something new.
Do you know if they called for interview, why i haven't received interview email or any letter after 3 days so far...after the phone call.

dj8855

Star Member
Oct 5, 2016
Do you know if they called for interview, why i haven't received interview email or any letter after 3 days so far...after the phone call.
I don't have personal experience regarding this, just saw many people posting about they being call for interviews recently. If you got a call and the status is not updated on the account yet, it could be just an update issue, as you have got the call means you have got the details you need anyways. Best of luck for the interview.

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
every time I read this forum it accelerates the adrenaline rush. 1st it was for PR application in 2015/2016 now its TRV for mother in law. here is the timeline-

I applied from Canada online for mother in law (residing at India) on 14th May 2018
current status- application still hatching (review of eligibility- we will send you message once we start the review)

a piece of advice for new applicants-
1. Apply for shorter tenure, you would get a multiple entry visa till expiry of passport (or 10 years; whichever is earlier) unless you are going to a specific event as per CIC website (in this case you would get a single entry)
2. Write/get a strong letter of invite
3. Book the return tickets and attach in your application (small catch here, cant spill the beans on forum. pm me I will be happy to tell you the way to get your ticket for visa without incurring cost)
4. If the funds are less than 4 months old then create a letter of explanation and take an undertaking from the depositor
5. Dont overdo things (dont provide everything what you have. Take a breathe; think and decide what is/will be right and use that)

I am sharing the points above doesnt mean I am relaxed and wont be looking at CIC account daily like a frightened cat; checking CIC website frequently is the real fun.

Last edited:

rishi_06

May 24, 2018
Did you get a Confirmation like this :?

Dear XXXX,

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on
__________________(yyyy/mm/dd).

When will IRCC contact me?

You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application. If IRCC needs your physical
passport, IRCC will request that you submit it to our office
. IRCC will also contact you if we require additional information,
documents or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit
or consult the “What Happens Next” section of the instruction guide
associated with the application form you used.

This seems to be generic and you do upload your passport in online application anyway. If not, how did you send the copy to them?

You should contact the Canadian embassy in USA via email. They do reply.

So should we send the copy of passport or not?

rishi_06

May 24, 2018
I am trying to fill IRCC web form. I don't know which Indian Visa office is processing my application. What should I enter?