+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Applied but no news so far

vjay

Apr 28, 2016
Hi all,

Me and my mother applied for TRV on the 17th of April 2016 via VFS Canada, Abu Dhabi through paper applications. I later linked our applications to a CIC account. So far we received an email from CIC notifying us of application status updates but when I log in to the account, there is no new update or message. The application status shows submitted and open, final decision shows not started. As i understand from this forum this seems to be a common issue and nothing to be worried about and it is probably an internal process changed. We applied last year around the same time online and got rejected because we hadn't provided sufficient documents. This time we made sure that those reasons wont surface again and provide all documents necessary so that there are no loop holes. After all we have nothing to hide. We have been residents of Bahrain since 1991 and we gave in all passport resident visas since 1991. We also have a 4 year Schengen visa valid till 2019. I wonder if the last year rejection will play a crucial role in the decision making process this year around. The hard part is the waiting. Will keep you guys updated on any improvements. Anybody in the same boat are welcome for your comments and suggestions. Keeping my fingers crossed ;)

vinpat

Apr 25, 2016
I had applied on April 12 and am still waiting.

I'm curious... you said last year you applied online and they rejected because of insufficient documents. Is it even possible to provide insufficient documents online? From what I understand, it doesn't even let you submit if you don't upload all the required documents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
vinpat said:
I had applied on April 12 and am still waiting.

I'm curious... you said last year you applied online and they rejected because of insufficient documents. Is it even possible to provide insufficient documents online? From what I understand, it doesn't even let you submit if you don't upload all the required documents.
It's certainly possible to be refused for insufficient documents if you apply online. For example, someone may be refused for providing insufficient documents that they have the funds required to support yourself as a visitor in Canada.

vjay

Apr 28, 2016
Hi,

Just to clarify, we had skipped the most crucial documents necessary under proof of financial support like the home ownership deed proof and employment certificate and also the invitation letter format was all wrong. Neither did we provide evidence that our host in Canada could support us during our stay in Canada specially for my mother since she is a housewife. We didn't provide the host's bank details or employment details either so rather to say it was pretty much an empty application and not enough research was done on our part. So we waited a year and applied again this time. Letz see how it goes. :)

Landing_PR

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 15
Doc's Request.
Sept 28, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 4, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 19, 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 3, 2015/Re-Med: April 25, 2017
Interview........
15-05-2017
I applied for my spouse on Feb 25th. Still no answer.

amanjot87

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Kelowna, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
06-11-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Med's Request
02-03-18
Med's Done....
08-03-18
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
I applied for my brother family on 13th may... online application.. any guess for processing time?

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
The average processing time is 18 days. Given the paper based application may have taken a day or two to register, you should hopefully expect a response this week.

It seems that the Embassy processes them in batches. I applied online for my wife (processing happens in Riyadh) and my inlaws applied 8 days later and both of them got request for passport on the same day (16 calendar days after the biometric was received).

So.. hang tight.

Has_san

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
Vjay,

I am on the same boat as yours although I applied alone on 11th April 2016 but no response yet. I went to Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi as well but they are not entertaining any public anymore (told by security guard). I went to the VFS office in Dubai and they said that most of the applications are delayed and they can't do anything about it.

Its been 5th week now and no update yet. Atleast Canadian Embassy should give a specific timeline to each application so that everyone can make their travel plan accordingly.

amanjot87

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Kelowna, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
06-11-2016
Nomination.....
Dec-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Med's Request
02-03-18
Med's Done....
08-03-18
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
07-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
what id biomatric? Does my brothers family have to do it as well? His nationality is indian and currently he and his family is on work visa in abu dhabi...

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
I reapplied for my mother on the 28th of April 2016 online from the UAE but there is no news so far. The cic website says that the processing time is 18 days. I hope the confirmation comes soon iA.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
amanjot87 said:
what id biomatric? Does my brothers family have to do it as well? His nationality is indian and currently he and his family is on work visa in abu dhabi...
Biometric requirements are fingerprint and digital photo requirements for certain nationalities. Indians do not require it. If an applicant is required, it would be clearly stated on their MyCIC account.

zoozie.kinz

May 23, 2016
tajinder107 said:
they take atleast 45 days so do not panic and wait
How do you know it takes atleast 45 days? Then what's the point of providing a processing time of 18 working days as 45 calendar days is passed the processing time...

Have you applied through Abu Dhabhi before and received your response in 45 days?
I applied on April 19th of this year and have been informed that I am undergoing background checks. My medical information has been approved as well as my documents and biometrics. But I am still waiting for a response, the final decision status of my application still states that it has 'not started'. It has been 42 days today.