+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Applied but no news so far

Has_san

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
zoozie.kinz said:
How do you know it takes atleast 45 days? Then what's the point of providing a processing time of 18 working days as 45 calendar days is passed the processing time...

Have you applied through Abu Dhabhi before and received your response in 45 days?
I applied on April 19th of this year and have been informed that I am undergoing background checks. My medical information has been approved as well as my documents and biometrics. But I am still waiting for a response, the final decision status of my application still states that it has 'not started'. It has been 42 days today.
It is the same situation as mine. I have applied on 11th April 2016 and no reply yet. They didn't even tell me that if it is undergoing background check. Where did you check that? did they email you informing that?

My final decision status of my application says the same "not started".
I don't know why is it getting delayed so much when the processing time on Abu Dhabi mentioned in CIC website is 19days. Either they can change it or inform us regarding the updates.

I am so confused.

Wael_ar

May 26, 2016
I have applied through VFS Doha on the 16th of may and they said now the passport is required along with the application, I am not sure if taking the passport will make it faster, hope so, or soon I will need to get it back because I have travel plans.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wael_ar said:
I have applied through VFS Doha on the 16th of may and they said now the passport is required along with the application, I am not sure if taking the passport will make it faster, hope so, or soon I will need to get it back because I have travel plans.
For paper applications submitted to VFS/CVAC, it is necessary to submit the passport with the application..... only then will the TRV application get processed.

If you have travel plans in the meanwhile, you can inform the visa office that you will require your passport

Has_san

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Toronto
Bryanna said:
For paper applications submitted to VFS/CVAC, it is necessary to submit the passport with the application..... only then will the TRV application get processed.

If you have travel plans in the meanwhile, you can inform the visa office that you will require your passport
Bryannna! Thats what I thought initially but when I went to VFS Dubai with the passport they didn't accept it and said it will be requested once my TRV application gets approved by the Embassy.

Do you think its different procedure in different countries?

Wael_ar

May 26, 2016
@Bryanna,

it was not mandatory before, as u can see has_san he applied in Dubai VFS without submitting the passport, this came into the picture beginning of May 2016 as I was told, I am talking about VFS Doha and Dubai, maybe other VFS they were practicing this before.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Has_san said:
Bryannna! Thats what I thought initially but when I went to VFS Dubai with the passport they didn't accept it and said it will be requested once my TRV application gets approved by the Embassy.

Do you think its different procedure in different countries?
Yes. It is possible that this requirement could change depending on a visa office

zoozie.kinz

May 23, 2016
Has_san said:
It is the same situation as mine. I have applied on 11th April 2016 and no reply yet. They didn't even tell me that if it is undergoing background check. Where did you check that? did they email you informing that?

My final decision status of my application says the same "not started".
I don't know why is it getting delayed so much when the processing time on Abu Dhabi mentioned in CIC website is 19days. Either they can change it or inform us regarding the updates.

I am so confused.
I sent in a Case Specific Enquiry (multiple times, even though it says that we shouldnt) as soon as the processing time for my application had passed, and when filling in the form they ask you for your email address which they used to contact me around 8 days later after I had sent the enquiry, saying that they were performing background checks. It says online that background checks are the last step before getting an approval after your medical information has passed and it can take from up to 2 weeks to 2 months. I had stated in the enquiry that the processing time had passed and I had also informed the embassy that my application was urgent as I was due to attend a clinical medicine and research program at UBC which I had been accepted to starting on June 4th. I attached my letter of acceptance and had also explained my situation in the letter of explanation.

I sent in my application from Bahrain and all applications from here get processed at the Abu Dhabhi office. I checked the processing time today and it has moved up from 19 days to 23 days. You should definitely try to get a hold of them by directly contacting the embassy via the CSE for the Abu Dhabhi embassy, you'll find it on the cic site. They say that they will only reply to your enquiry if your application has passed its processing time in a matter of 15 business days.

All the best! I hope we both receive a response before our travelling dates near :)