+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application within Canada MAY 2014 timeline

Kamil799

Jul 5, 2013
I applied on May 20th and I haven't got anything from CIC. I only got 4 emails notifying me that there was an update in my application. I sent them an email on June 12th and I didn't get a reply until now. The processing time is decreasing and it says they are working on applications submitted on June 5th. If anyone applied in May please add your timeline to see where we are so we can rearrange our travel plans accordingly.

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
I just came across this Topic and I was surprised to know that I can apply for TRV from within Canada.
I was told by many in this forum that I can apply for Travel Document only if I am outside Canada.
Are the documents TRV and Travel Document refer to the same thing? And where can I check the current processing time for TRV?

Crackberry

Jun 19, 2014
Kamil799 said:
I applied on May 20th and I haven't got anything from CIC. I only got 4 emails notifying me that there was an update in my application. I sent them an email on June 12th and I didn't get a reply until now. The processing time is decreasing and it says they are working on applications submitted on June 5th. If anyone applied in May please add your timeline to see where we are so we can rearrange our travel plans accordingly.
Here is my Timeline:
May 29/2014- Applied for TRV from inside Canada- CPC- Ottawa
June 9/2014- Received an update on my CIC account to submit my passport
June 11/2014- CPC- Ottawa received my passport
June 23/2014- Update on CIC account that the application has been closed
June 24/2014- Tracking number still not activated.

I had to urgently leave Canada by June 15th for about 10 days. I had sent an email to CPC Ottawa on May 29th and several Faxes during my application process, explaining my urgency of travel. Only got one reply saying that I can either withdraw my application or they can transfer my file to where I am travelling. Unfortunately, I couldn't do that since my travel days were shorter than the processing times in the country where I was travelling.

Sadly, I wasn't able to go but I am still waiting for my passport. I was hoping that I don't have to deal with CPC Ottawa again but I will HAVE TO when I file my PR from inside Canada.

I hope your passport arrives soon!

Degi

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Alberta-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 6 2014
AOR Received.
AUG 6 2014
File Transfer...
SEP 26 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 12 2014
Passport Req..
SEP 29 2014
hi everyone.
currently im in canada on a visitor visa valid until April 2015. but i have to go to my country for a short period of time and i wanna come back here. i need to obtain TRV again. can i do it while i'm here? i've callled few times to CIC they told me different answers like i CAN and cannot apply online for that and i must stay outside of canada etc. so i'm confused.
anybody have any idea on this?

Kamil799

Jul 5, 2013
rawfile said:
I just came across this Topic and I was surprised to know that I can apply for TRV from within Canada.
I was told by many in this forum that I can apply for Travel Document only if I am outside Canada.
Are the documents TRV and Travel Document refer to the same thing? And where can I check the current processing time for TRV?
TRV is Temporary Resident Visa and you can apply for it within Canada if you hold a valid work/study permit

Kamil799

Jul 5, 2013
I sent them an email on June 12th and they replied yesterday saying this:

No further action is required on your part at this time. One or more of the following could delay the processing of your application:

your application is not complete;
you need a medical exam;
you need a background or security check;
you have a criminal record;
you need an interview;
we need to verify your documents; or
other external factors beyond our control.

And today they sent the passport request

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi all!

any news ,i have not heard yet anything and its going to be 2 months after a week :( whats going on????

Stefxxx

Jul 5, 2014
Sent mine the 2nd of June. Still nothing. A friend sent his on the 31st of May and got a negative reply on July 3Rd.

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
I am very worried now that my wife's inline entension visa appliation was sent on April 6th, so far, nothing from CIC, not even an email. We have been calling them and they just keep saying wait and wait. I couldn't find the April topic, only this May timeline.

It is three month since we sent our application......

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for me its about two months.The last time i extend my TRV ,it took 2 weeks.

now i am calling and it says 30 minutes wait time ,WTH

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
8 weeks now,no reply of my emails as well.i am just extending TRV have already pgwp extended 2016.dont know what should i do?
i should't have applied online i guess.

ngag

Mar 9, 2012
I sent my TRV paper application for myself and my family to Ottawa and they received it on June 5th. Processing started on June 10th. So far no news for over 7 weeks. I contacted the MP. The assistant called them and informed me that it is delayed because of the background checks. I had to cancel flight tickets for 3 which cost me $1100 but I still have to fly back home for emergency. We don't even have our passports and to get them back the applications will be cancelled and started allover. I don'y know when will this insane suffering ends.

Anyone in the same situation?