+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application 2017 approved (while Spousal PR is in process)

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
SA approval on 30th November 2016. AOR2 on 12th December 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (8th October 2016)
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Rejected TRV while spouse sponsorship is already applied (yet to receive AOR). Reason for rejection: Family ties in Canada / Financial / Travel History (even though sufficient financial information and travel history was provided).
Is it advisable to re-apply TRV? Can that impact/affect PR file?
Sorry to hear that but I think you would have waited for the sponsorship approval atleast.

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
We got YEH approved while PR in process.

They give us 3 years multi entry.
When did you apply ? I mean after sponsorship approval or before ?
What's your view on approval reasons ?

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Below is my experience and few cents for those who are applying/thinking to apply for their's spouse's TRV when her/his PR application is in process.''

Background:
  • Rejected TRV before marriage for following reasons:
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties to home country
  • Current status of employment
  • No T4 slips or IT documents of host (came to know after applying for GCMS notes)
Steps I took later:
  • Got married after few months of TRV rejection.
  • I was thinking of doing a court marriage and then immediately applying for PR but later dropped this idea as NDVO is pretty rigid about traditional norms followed while getting married.
  • So got married in a a traditional manner.
  • After applying for PR I thought that NDVO will process and finalize applications in ~ 6 months(at-least hoping for background check get started) but I was wrong.
  • I am still waiting for my wife's PR application to get finalized.
  • After applying for spousal PR I waited for 4 months and then decided (finally convinced my wife) to apply for TRV again.(Trust me this was really tough having 1st TRV rejection in place and Spousal PR also in process.
  • Plus many applicants on canadavisa forum were little hesitant to apply again rather applying for TRV itself.
  • But as they say H.O.P.E.(Hold On till Pain Ends) is the thing which drives you through tough phase there were some members who encouraged idea of applying again with strong inputs).
Documents from the applicant:
  • NOC letter from her employer.
  • Leave approval letter from immediate manager/boss
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Income tax return documents for last 2 years.
  • Salary slips for last 6 months.
  • Car ownership document.
  • Home ownership document(index 2 copy and agreement between buyer and seller)
  • Notarized affidavit stating :
  • Financial assets (such as gold jewelries, fixed deposits and total balance in saving account till date)
  • Commitment that applicant is coming back after proposed stay.
  • Previous air travel boarding pass and eticket scanned copy (to prove travel history in the past)
  • Passport scanned copy showing immigration stamps.
  • Purpose of travel : wedding reception party
  • Proposed stay (I have mentioned 2 months)
  • Bookings such as hotels, reception dinner party event details (including invitation card and guest list with their contact details)
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Travel itinerary showing date to date planning when my wife will be in Canada (from airport pickup --> weekend trip details --> airport drop off :))
  • Based on points mentioned on this link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/index.asp"""I have drafted a letter which has my stand for every point mentioned in above URL. The points were :
  • Purpose of visit
  • Length of proposed stay in Canada
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties (Family, Job, assets like real estate property, car) to home country(India)
  • Current employment situation + Personal assets and financial status to carry out my stay in Canada
  • Immigration status (In-Process PR application and approved Sponsorship)
  • Understanding of liability towards CIC rules and regulations.
  • Travel itinerary
A Strong letter of explanation mentioning our relationship history, how we got married and explaining strong ties to home country such as :
  • Commitment towards Job,
  • Parents and In laws still in home country,
  • PR application (with file number) is still in process and wont do anything which will put PR application at risk.
  • Marriage certificate for the proof of relationship plus scanned copies of photos (10 photos) of our marriage ceremony and few honeymoon pics.
  • Proof of medical exam ( attached same document which I attached to PR application as it was not old)
Supporting letter for previous TRV refusal which includes:
  • Tabular representation of each refusal reason and how the situation is improved while applying again.
  • Declaration about understanding of CIC's TRV regulations and its impact on future life in Canada.
  • Medical health insurance purchase receipt. (A health insurance plan for 2 months from manulife)
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Sponsorship approval document (very important)
  • Scanned passport showing immigration stamps (in case if visa office matches with my wife's passport)')
  • Marriage certificate
  • T4 copies (this was mentioned in GCMS notes of previous TRV application of my wife)
  • Salary slips of last 4 months
  • Letter from employer showing status of job, base salary start date etc.
  • Lease copy of rented apartment
  • Letter from landlord stating about my stay.
  • Reception dinner party hall booking confirmation with exact date and time and # of guest attending.
  • Photos of applicant and forms filled correctly.
Application Details:
  • Date I applied : 10th April 2017
  • The official processing time was 22 days.
  • But it took more than that (almost 45 days. Pretty lengthy... yeah!)
  • I contacted local MP for delay after processing time has passed. I must say that the local MP office was pretty helpful and I truly appreciate their help throughout the process. they had sent inquiry to NDVO office as well.
  • Finally after long wait I saw the "original passport request" from CIC. I cant describe this moment in words :)
I am really thankful to all members here who helped me throughout the process.
:):):):):)The next mission : Make your wife's stay happy ... happening !' yeyyyyyyy :):):):):):)

Hi

Thanks for the useful information.

Can you please forward the sample letters that you have attached with your application?
waipm_2000@hotmail.com

Thank you in advance

rsahu

Jun 10, 2018
Hi Guys,

I became a Permanent Resident in Jan 2018 and still waiting for my PR Card. The delay is due to photo request. I am planning to get my marriage registration done in July 2018 and my social wedding is planned for Jan 2019. I want to sponsor my spouse (currently in India) for PR after we get the marriage certificate so that she can join me next year either after the wedding or little after that. I have few questions regarding the same.

1. Can I use my Indian address for the marriage certificate? Or I must use the Canadian address?
2. What is the financial condition that I need to show for sponsoring my wife? Is the current employer offer letter will do or I need to show substantial savings in my bank A/C for this purpose. If yes what is the ballpark number and for how long that must be in the A/C?
3. Is it okay if I apply for the PR nomination right after we get the marriage certificate or we should wait for some time?

Any feedback will be helpful in this regard,
Thanks,

Drmandeep01

Jul 11, 2018
Below is my experience and few cents for those who are applying/thinking to apply for their's spouse's TRV when her/his PR application is in process.''

Background:
  • Travel history
  • No T4 slips or IT documents of host (came to know after applying for GCMS notes)
Steps I took later:
  • I was thinking of doing a court marriage and then immediately applying for PR but later dropped this idea as NDVO is pretty rigid about traditional norms followed while getting married.
  • After applying for PR I thought that NDVO will process and finalize applications in ~ 6 months(at-least hoping for background check get started) but I was wrong.
  • After applying for spousal PR I waited for 4 months and then decided (finally convinced my wife) to apply for TRV again.(Trust me this was really tough having 1st TRV rejection in place and Spousal PR also in process.
  • Plus many applicants on canadavisa forum were little hesitant to apply again rather applying for TRV itself.
  • But as they say H.O.P.E.(Hold On till Pain Ends) is the thing which drives you through tough phase there were some members who encouraged idea of applying again with strong inputs).
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Financial assets (such as gold jewelries, fixed deposits and total balance in saving account till date)
  • Previous air travel boarding pass and eticket scanned copy (to prove travel history in the past)
  • Bookings such as hotels, reception dinner party event details (including invitation card and guest list with their contact details)
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Travel itinerary showing date to date planning when my wife will be in Canada (from airport pickup --> weekend trip details --> airport drop off :))
  • Based on points mentioned on this link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/index.asp"""I have drafted a letter which has my stand for every point mentioned in above URL. The points were :
  • Purpose of visit
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties (Family, Job, assets like real estate property, car) to home country(India)
  • Current employment situation + Personal assets and financial status to carry out my stay in Canada
  • Travel itinerary
A Strong letter of explanation mentioning our relationship history, how we got married and explaining strong ties to home country such as :
  • PR application (with file number) is still in process and wont do anything which will put PR application at risk.
  • Marriage certificate for the proof of relationship plus scanned copies of photos (10 photos) of our marriage ceremony and few honeymoon pics.
  • Proof of medical exam ( attached same document which I attached to PR application as it was not old)
  • Tabular representation of each refusal reason and how the situation is improved while applying again.
  • Declaration about understanding of CIC's TRV regulations and its impact on future life in Canada.
  • Medical health insurance purchase receipt. (A health insurance plan for 2 months from manulife)
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Scanned passport showing immigration stamps (in case if visa office matches with my wife's passport)')
  • Marriage certificate
  • T4 copies (this was mentioned in GCMS notes of previous TRV application of my wife)
  • Reception dinner party hall booking confirmation with exact date and time and # of guest attending.
Application Details:
  • I contacted local MP for delay after processing time has passed. I must say that the local MP office was pretty helpful and I truly appreciate their help throughout the process. they had sent inquiry to NDVO office as well.
  • Finally after long wait I saw the "original passport request" from CIC. I cant describe this moment in words :)
:):):):):)The next mission : Make your wife's stay happy ... happening !' yeyyyyyyy :):):):):):)
Congratulations buddy. I have same plans. I have applied my wife spousal PR. Now planning to apply for TRV. Can you please provide the sample letters as i wish to apply by my own

Ashish494

May 15, 2018

Background:
  • Travel history
Steps I took later:
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Purpose of visit
  • Travel history
  • Travel itinerary
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Marriage certificate
Application Details:
Hi,

Can you tell me the dox you gave for TRV to convince CIC about the strong ties to home country.
I am planning to apply for TRV next month.

Thanks!

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Hi,

Can you tell me the dox you gave for TRV to convince CIC about the strong ties to home country.
I am planning to apply for TRV next month.

Thanks!
Check your email

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
We got YEH approved while PR in process.

They give us 3 years multi entry.
So did you apply after your sponsorship approved or before applying for PR itself ?

anniebelle

Jul 26, 2016

Background:
  • Travel history
Steps I took later:
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Purpose of visit
  • Travel history
  • Travel itinerary
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Marriage certificate
Application Details:
Hi, I was just looking for this kind of information and as this is quite recent, it's the most helpful I've found. I am trying to sponsor my husband who is living in Northern Iraq (I know I know.....not the easiest) and we have now been waiting for over 3 months and still have not received an AOR, even though I have involved my MP (who are very supportive and doing their best). It feels like we will have to wait forever and we were thinking of maybe trying to have him just visit for awhile on a TPR. I know we should at least wait until we have our AOR but just looking into the possibility for now. Can I please ask a couple of questions?
1. I've seen people mention a "YEH" - what is this please? Googled it and can't find it.
2. We only had a court registry marriage because he couldn't come here and we couldn't get married in his country so we met in a neutral country and got married there - do you think they will hold this against us?
3. Would you mind sending me those documents, templates of letters, etc.? I don't know how to inbox here so my email is mbouey@hotmail.com
Congratulations on your success; very happy for you!
Thanks so much

yogimukti

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO (New Delhi)
App. Filed.......
November 7th 2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-08-2017
LANDED..........
25-08-2017
Hi, I was just looking for this kind of information and as this is quite recent, it's the most helpful I've found. I am trying to sponsor my husband who is living in Northern Iraq (I know I know.....not the easiest) and we have now been waiting for over 3 months and still have not received an AOR, even though I have involved my MP (who are very supportive and doing their best). It feels like we will have to wait forever and we were thinking of maybe trying to have him just visit for awhile on a TPR. I know we should at least wait until we have our AOR but just looking into the possibility for now. Can I please ask a couple of questions?
1. I've seen people mention a "YEH" - what is this please? Googled it and can't find it.
2. We only had a court registry marriage because he couldn't come here and we couldn't get married in his country so we met in a neutral country and got married there - do you think they will hold this against us?
3. Would you mind sending me those documents, templates of letters, etc.? I don't know how to inbox here so my email is mbouey@hotmail.com
Congratulations on your success; very happy for you!
Thanks so much
Thanks for the nice words. I believe it's because of registry marriage and you need to show strong documentation such as photos of your marriage, relatives etc. I suspect the delay is because of this. But I could be wrong. I will send you some sample letters which I sent earlier to people on this group.

anniebelle

Jul 26, 2016
Thanks for the nice words. I believe it's because of registry marriage and you need to show strong documentation such as photos of your marriage, relatives etc. I suspect the delay is because of this. But I could be wrong. I will send you some sample letters which I sent earlier to people on this group.
Thanks kindly; I've received your letters and appreciate it. Well, we had no choice but to make it a registry marriage; we did send photos of our marriage and our honeymoon and many other photos and documentation. Well, we will have to wait more I guess though it's now almost 4 1/2 months and not even an AOR yet.

emanmustafiz

Aug 8, 2016
Well, I am in the same boat. My husband has applied for TRV which got refused. Now .will be reapplying again. Please provide me some details about how to write these letters to convince CIC. I can provide you my email id if that works? please reply