+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application 2017 approved (while Spousal PR is in process)

saudamini9

Sep 26, 2018
Hello yogimukti !
Congratulations !
I had applied for PR through Outland Express Entry and Ended up coming to Canada on a TRV. I am expecting my PR Approval soon.
I had questions about what happens when your PR is approved, now that I am inside Canada. Do i still a PPR request ? I am planning to travel OUTSIDE Canada within the next 1.5 months (which is also when my PR would come through). Will I be able to re-enter Canada if my PR application is approved but I don't have a PR card and say, i decide to discontinue my TRV ?
I'm in a tricky situation as I need

Below is my experience and few cents for those who are applying/thinking to apply for their's spouse's TRV when her/his PR application is in process.''

Background:
  • Rejected TRV before marriage for following reasons:
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties to home country
  • Current status of employment
  • No T4 slips or IT documents of host (came to know after applying for GCMS notes)
Steps I took later:
  • Got married after few months of TRV rejection.
  • I was thinking of doing a court marriage and then immediately applying for PR but later dropped this idea as NDVO is pretty rigid about traditional norms followed while getting married.
  • So got married in a a traditional manner.
  • After applying for PR I thought that NDVO will process and finalize applications in ~ 6 months(at-least hoping for background check get started) but I was wrong.
  • I am still waiting for my wife's PR application to get finalized.
  • After applying for spousal PR I waited for 4 months and then decided (finally convinced my wife) to apply for TRV again.(Trust me this was really tough having 1st TRV rejection in place and Spousal PR also in process.
  • Plus many applicants on canadavisa forum were little hesitant to apply again rather applying for TRV itself.
  • But as they say H.O.P.E.(Hold On till Pain Ends) is the thing which drives you through tough phase there were some members who encouraged idea of applying again with strong inputs).
Documents from the applicant:
  • NOC letter from her employer.
  • Leave approval letter from immediate manager/boss
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Income tax return documents for last 2 years.
  • Salary slips for last 6 months.
  • Car ownership document.
  • Home ownership document(index 2 copy and agreement between buyer and seller)
  • Notarized affidavit stating :
  • Financial assets (such as gold jewelries, fixed deposits and total balance in saving account till date)
  • Commitment that applicant is coming back after proposed stay.
  • Previous air travel boarding pass and eticket scanned copy (to prove travel history in the past)
  • Passport scanned copy showing immigration stamps.
  • Purpose of travel : wedding reception party
  • Proposed stay (I have mentioned 2 months)
  • Bookings such as hotels, reception dinner party event details (including invitation card and guest list with their contact details)
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Travel itinerary showing date to date planning when my wife will be in Canada (from airport pickup --> weekend trip details --> airport drop off :))
  • Based on points mentioned on this link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/index.asp"""I have drafted a letter which has my stand for every point mentioned in above URL. The points were :
  • Purpose of visit
  • Length of proposed stay in Canada
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties (Family, Job, assets like real estate property, car) to home country(India)
  • Current employment situation + Personal assets and financial status to carry out my stay in Canada
  • Immigration status (In-Process PR application and approved Sponsorship)
  • Understanding of liability towards CIC rules and regulations.
  • Travel itinerary
A Strong letter of explanation mentioning our relationship history, how we got married and explaining strong ties to home country such as :
  • Commitment towards Job,
  • Parents and In laws still in home country,
  • PR application (with file number) is still in process and wont do anything which will put PR application at risk.
  • Marriage certificate for the proof of relationship plus scanned copies of photos (10 photos) of our marriage ceremony and few honeymoon pics.
  • Proof of medical exam ( attached same document which I attached to PR application as it was not old)
Supporting letter for previous TRV refusal which includes:
  • Tabular representation of each refusal reason and how the situation is improved while applying again.
  • Declaration about understanding of CIC's TRV regulations and its impact on future life in Canada.
  • Medical health insurance purchase receipt. (A health insurance plan for 2 months from manulife)
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Sponsorship approval document (very important)
  • Scanned passport showing immigration stamps (in case if visa office matches with my wife's passport)')
  • Marriage certificate
  • T4 copies (this was mentioned in GCMS notes of previous TRV application of my wife)
  • Salary slips of last 4 months
  • Letter from employer showing status of job, base salary start date etc.
  • Lease copy of rented apartment
  • Letter from landlord stating about my stay.
  • Reception dinner party hall booking confirmation with exact date and time and # of guest attending.
  • Photos of applicant and forms filled correctly.
Application Details:
  • Date I applied : 10th April 2017
  • The official processing time was 22 days.
  • But it took more than that (almost 45 days. Pretty lengthy... yeah!)
  • I contacted local MP for delay after processing time has passed. I must say that the local MP office was pretty helpful and I truly appreciate their help throughout the process. they had sent inquiry to NDVO office as well.
  • Finally after long wait I saw the "original passport request" from CIC. I cant describe this moment in words :)
I am really thankful to all members here who helped me throughout the process.
:):):):):)The next mission : Make your wife's stay happy ... happening !' yeyyyyyyy :):):):):):)

mkaur096

Oct 15, 2018
Hello yogimukti !
Congratulations !
I had applied for PR through Outland Express Entry and Ended up coming to Canada on a TRV. I am expecting my PR Approval soon.
I had questions about what happens when your PR is approved, now that I am inside Canada. Do i still a PPR request ? I am planning to travel OUTSIDE Canada within the next 1.5 months (which is also when my PR would come through). Will I be able to re-enter Canada if my PR application is approved but I don't have a PR card and say, i decide to discontinue my TRV ?
I'm in a tricky situation as I need
Hi,

Did you apply online? I applied for my husbands PR under spousal sponsorship and still waiting for AOR. Since my birthday, and Christmas and New Year is coming I applied for TRV on November 2nd, 2018. What was the timeline of your visa? I'm driving myself crazy trying to see if there are any updates online.

Thanks,

Manpreet

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

In kind of a similar situation.I am working in USA right now and my current visa is about to expire.
I have received ITA on EE and currently getting ready to submit my application.Since,getting the COPR will actually take some more time,my employer is thinking about transferring me to Canada on work permit before my US visa expires.

Will I face issues with Canada work permit after I have submitted my PR application?

Lucky713

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Anybody can pls help.. i want to apply for my TRV but i dont have a job here in India.. Nor i have my own strong financial background..
As my spouse is in Canada for more than a year now and cant visit due to job responsibility..i wanted to visit
My PR app is in process..meds done
Are there chances for me to get TRV

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
I applied myself. My case was pretty straightforward but the only tricky part was previous TRV refusal and currently ongoing spousal PR application.
Hi Yogi,

One question is that I have applied for my spouse PR and linked application to my GC Key CIC account. That application is in process. I want to apply for TRV but it should be from person who wants to visit Canada which means my wife. So I am confused if she needs to create her GC key and then apply or I can apply through same account I have linked PR sponsorship file?

Thanks for reply

mistrymehul8

Mar 13, 2013
Below is my experience and few cents for those who are applying/thinking to apply for their's spouse's TRV when her/his PR application is in process.''

Background:
  • Travel history
  • No T4 slips or IT documents of host (came to know after applying for GCMS notes)
Steps I took later:
  • I was thinking of doing a court marriage and then immediately applying for PR but later dropped this idea as NDVO is pretty rigid about traditional norms followed while getting married.
  • After applying for PR I thought that NDVO will process and finalize applications in ~ 6 months(at-least hoping for background check get started) but I was wrong.
  • After applying for spousal PR I waited for 4 months and then decided (finally convinced my wife) to apply for TRV again.(Trust me this was really tough having 1st TRV rejection in place and Spousal PR also in process.
  • Plus many applicants on canadavisa forum were little hesitant to apply again rather applying for TRV itself.
  • But as they say H.O.P.E.(Hold On till Pain Ends) is the thing which drives you through tough phase there were some members who encouraged idea of applying again with strong inputs).
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Financial assets (such as gold jewelries, fixed deposits and total balance in saving account till date)
  • Previous air travel boarding pass and eticket scanned copy (to prove travel history in the past)
  • Bookings such as hotels, reception dinner party event details (including invitation card and guest list with their contact details)
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Travel itinerary showing date to date planning when my wife will be in Canada (from airport pickup --> weekend trip details --> airport drop off :))
  • Based on points mentioned on this link "http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/processing/index.asp"""I have drafted a letter which has my stand for every point mentioned in above URL. The points were :
  • Purpose of visit
  • Travel history
  • Strong ties (Family, Job, assets like real estate property, car) to home country(India)
  • Current employment situation + Personal assets and financial status to carry out my stay in Canada
  • Travel itinerary
A Strong letter of explanation mentioning our relationship history, how we got married and explaining strong ties to home country such as :
  • PR application (with file number) is still in process and wont do anything which will put PR application at risk.
  • Marriage certificate for the proof of relationship plus scanned copies of photos (10 photos) of our marriage ceremony and few honeymoon pics.
  • Proof of medical exam ( attached same document which I attached to PR application as it was not old)
  • Tabular representation of each refusal reason and how the situation is improved while applying again.
  • Declaration about understanding of CIC's TRV regulations and its impact on future life in Canada.
  • Medical health insurance purchase receipt. (A health insurance plan for 2 months from manulife)
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Scanned passport showing immigration stamps (in case if visa office matches with my wife's passport)')
  • Marriage certificate
  • T4 copies (this was mentioned in GCMS notes of previous TRV application of my wife)
  • Reception dinner party hall booking confirmation with exact date and time and # of guest attending.
Application Details:
  • I contacted local MP for delay after processing time has passed. I must say that the local MP office was pretty helpful and I truly appreciate their help throughout the process. they had sent inquiry to NDVO office as well.
  • Finally after long wait I saw the "original passport request" from CIC. I cant describe this moment in words :)
:):):):):)The next mission : Make your wife's stay happy ... happening !' yeyyyyyyy :):):):):):)
Can you provide me the sample docs . I need to do the same. My email is mistrymehul8@gmail.com

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017

Background:
  • Travel history
Steps I took later:
  • Aadhar Card copy
  • Company employee ID
  • Return ticket booking.
  • Purpose of visit
  • Travel history
  • Travel itinerary
A Strong letter of explanation mentioning our relationship history, how we got married and explaining strong ties to home country such as :​
Documents from host:
  • PR scanned copy
  • Marriage certificate
Application Details:
Hi there,

Really helpful information. My wife's Spouse sponsorship application is in process - April 2019 applicant. NDVO had asked for additional documents (hindu wedding photos since we had a courtroom wedding in the States). Now my wife is in India after our hindu wedding.

We have submitted the photos a month back and the current status shows "we are reviewing the additional documents you provided". Not sure how long they gonna take from this point.
  1. Should I apply for her TRV? She was denied it once after we filed her PR application, reason given: her US immigration status was about to end. Now that she is in India that situation has improved. Another reason was her family ties to Canada. Which form IRCC's PoV, has not improved since I am here in Canada. You think it makes any sense to apply for TRV? Is it worth to take a chance?
  2. Or should I reach out to local MP here and ask for help? And if you think this is a better option, how should I reach out to the MP?
Thanks.

deepthigajula

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Sure. Inbox me your email ID details. I will email you the sample letters and names of documents I attached.
Hi can you also help with the documents list and sample letters. Iam really in a depression. I applied for trv before applying for spousal visa and my trv got rejected. It is so painful to go through this process of Canada visa I got married it's been two months and had to go through so much depression after the wedding where it supposed to be a happy moments.

deepthigajula

Star Member
Apr 8, 2019
Thanks for the nice words. I believe it's because of registry marriage and you need to show strong documentation such as photos of your marriage, relatives etc. I suspect the delay is because of this. But I could be wrong. I will send you some sample letters which I sent earlier to people on this group.
Hi can you also send me some sample letters. Mine is a very simple marriage we genuinely did not want to have a lavish wedding and wanted save some money for our future. My boyfriend parents did not accept for our wedding hence a registered wedding. Now I applied for trv before for PR and my trv has been rejected. Now I will apply for PR and then trv. Do you think it will work. Before we got married I and my boyfriend lived in for almost 2years.

nikita2912

Jan 27, 2021
Hi,

Can you tell me the dox you gave for TRV to convince CIC about the strong ties to home country.
I am in a similar situation where my PR is in process and I plan to apply for TRV next month.

Thanks!
Hi ! I'm in need of this too. Any kind of help with regards with this would be appreciated.

Devarudy

Sep 15, 2018
Hi All,

Please note that getting a TRV for spouse whose PR application is in progress is difficult and chances are less. If you provide a solid reason of why spouse needs TRV and can't wait for PR application to be approved, then the chances of getting TRV approved increase. I will share that detail as well.

Apart from immigration forms, add following documents from Sponsor's side (in Canada): -
1. PR card copy
2. Passport copy
3. Notice of assessment of last 2 or 3 years (please check if # of years specified on CIC website)
4. Recent Job letter from employer including job title, job status, salary
5. Letter/snapshot from bank(s) showing your current finances
6. Bank statements up to 6 months

Other helpful documents from sponsor
7. Leave approval from employer during planned travel dates of your partner
8. Letter of support (Notarized is better): In this letter mention
a. Details such as your (Sponsor's) name, Status in Canada (PR or citizen), job, address, contact number.
b. Mention that you will take care of expenses for stay of your partner related to food, travel (within Canada or to/from Canada if that is the case) and your partner will reside with you at mentioned address in Canada with from/to DATES.
c. List of documents included in application by Sponsor and Sponsee
d. Contact info of both Sponsor and Sponsee
e. Notary stamp
9. Purpose of travel: This is an important document which can be deciding factor whether your visa will be approved or not. Mention genuine reason(s) why your partner wants to travel and this should explain why they (him/her) can't wait for PR to be approved.
Some scenarios why travel visa or travel required early are: -
a. wants to further study and so would like to visit some schools/institutes and talk to them, get info to help in decision making. Make list of schools where you think you can visit and it should co-relate with your partners current occupation and if not provide justification.
b. we want to buy house and want to view neighbourhoods, cities together to make right decision on time. Please make sure your finances support this reason. Add names, contact info of real estate agents or other professional who will be helping you in the process.
c. Add tourist spots locations planned for visiting together

Note: Add tentative dates to all planned activity.

You have to add and provide justification which should make sense for your genuine reason for TRV.

Spouse (who will travel to Canada) documents:-
1. Passport copy
2. Letter from employer stating job title, job status (permanent, contract etc.) and salary
3. Tax submission records for last 3 years if filing tax for same period or more
4. Bank(s) statements for last 6 months
5. Other financial documents related to assets such as property, vehicle, jewellery or other investments on spouse's name

Other helpful documents from sponsee
6. Leave approval from employer during planned travel dates to Canada

Other documents from anyone

Cover Letter: Write your relationship story (anyone) , add timeline of your relationship, this is helpful if you are recently married and staying apart due to immigration process. Keep it 2 - 3 pager at most. Attach/include pictures to show your relationship with each other, in-law family.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to everyone.

Sep 19, 2020
Hey hi Folks,
I did soft landing to Canada last year i.e. 2020. Later got married.
Due to pandemic me and my wife are unsure if we should move to Canada leaving our jobs. Sponsorship is taking time of 12 months so is it possible to seek TRV for her.
Is visiting canada to understand canadian lifestyle for immigration a strong enough reason for her to get TRV?
I am employed in India and so does she. She will have to return as we both have jobs and responsibilities in india.
I would appriciate your thoughts.

calguy

Feb 8, 2020
Hey hi Folks,
I did soft landing to Canada last year i.e. 2020. Later got married.
Due to pandemic me and my wife are unsure if we should move to Canada leaving our jobs. Sponsorship is taking time of 12 months so is it possible to seek TRV for her.
Is visiting canada to understand canadian lifestyle for immigration a strong enough reason for her to get TRV?
I am employed in India and so does she. She will have to return as we both have jobs and responsibilities in india.
I would appriciate your thoughts.
Hello there, any update on the TRV of your spouse?