+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Abu Dhabi office

hjf89

Jun 6, 2022
My husband, daughter and I have valid PR cards. We are currently living in Dubai and have not met our 730 day residency requirements due to COVID travel restrictions and my pregnancy.

My baby was born in Jan 2021 and we applied for his TRV in May 11, 2022 because we have decided to move to Canada this summer for good. Our PR cards are valid till Jan 2024 and we have added all the reasons why we didn't move earlier to Canada in the TRV application. I was also made redundant in 2020 during my pregnancy which caused a dip in our finances. So we shared all the possible information to make our case convincing.

There is no detailed information on the IRCC website about whether the baby should have TRV or TRP, we read a few blogs and those had a few mix suggestions too. We just went ahead with the TRV application to see what happens. Its been a month now and we have not received any update. I understand there is a huge delay with applications and the process is taking longer than usual but how long should the TRV process take for a baby?

We applied online through GC key and our application is with Abu Dhabi office. We received AOR on May 12, 2022, but after that no response and no update.

Please share your experiences.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My husband, daughter and I have valid PR cards. We are currently living in Dubai and have not met our 730 day residency requirements due to COVID travel restrictions and my pregnancy.

My baby was born in Jan 2021 and we applied for his TRV in May 11, 2022 because we have decided to move to Canada this summer for good. Our PR cards are valid till Jan 2024 and we have added all the reasons why we didn't move earlier to Canada in the TRV application. I was also made redundant in 2020 during my pregnancy which caused a dip in our finances. So we shared all the possible information to make our case convincing.

There is no detailed information on the IRCC website about whether the baby should have TRV or TRP, we read a few blogs and those had a few mix suggestions too. We just went ahead with the TRV application to see what happens. Its been a month now and we have not received any update. I understand there is a huge delay with applications and the process is taking longer than usual but how long should the TRV process take for a baby?

We applied online through GC key and our application is with Abu Dhabi office. We received AOR on May 12, 2022, but after that no response and no update.

Please share your experiences.
Your child is 15 months old so pregnancy can not have delayed your move. Travel to Canada has been possible throughout Covid but travel in general has returned to normal for quite a while.

hjf89

Jun 6, 2022
Your child is 15 months old so pregnancy can not have delayed your move. Travel to Canada has been possible throughout Covid but travel in general has returned to normal for quite a while.
Yes you are right... We hope to get TRV soon for our child. I was pregnant during covid and also unvaccinated therefore couldn't travel to Canada. I was made redundant too. Let's hope our documents are enough to convince IRCC to grant my son the TRV or TRP.

Jinxd

Jul 10, 2022
When was the last time someone got response from Abu Dhabi office? I don’t see anyone getting any ppr or refusal. Are they active?

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
When was the last time someone got response from Abu Dhabi office? I don’t see anyone getting any ppr or refusal. Are they active?
I haven't seen anyone get any response from Abu Dhabi in quite some time.

It's a lot more disheartening when you hear people are waiting since 2021 for a reply.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
I haven't seen anyone get any response from Abu Dhabi in quite some time.

It's a lot more disheartening when you hear people are waiting since 2021 for a reply.
And on the other hand they are showing 2 months as processing time which is misleading.

sheebapillai

Apr 30, 2020
Applied for visit visa on 26th April 2022, file in Abu dhabi office, No update as of now. Send web forms but no response.

batman12345

Star Member
Jun 24, 2018
My parents submitted their visitor visa (regular) application to the Abu Dhabi office on April 4th 2022 and on May 30th they requested only my dad to resubmit the Bio page of his passport again. Since May 30th there has been no response at all. Is this normal? what should I do?

baranoth

Star Member
Jun 15, 2022
I guess you just send the bio page of his passport again. Nothing really you can do other than what they've asked you to. Is it normal? Not really. But on the bright side, looks like they're working on the application, which is more than what is happening with other applications.