+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

True or Fake.... Canada student visa only to be applied online

Meenal@123

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
Folks... Came across this news about Canada student visa not to be applied through vfs paper application after 30th April 2019 and all applications will be processed in Canada.... Anyone aware of that?

Meenal@123

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
@bongoman
Thanks ... Just checked on ircc official website .. Yes if you want to apply under SDS category, you no longer can apply through vfs... Application will be accepted online only. .. Non SDS can go ahead with paper application.

kevingoku

Star Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes it is true!! SDS offline applications won't be accepted from April 30 2019. If you wanna apply for SDS then online application will be the only option after April 30 2019. I have seen guys carrying 50-60 paper copies for one application at the Vfs. Canada looking to go green? :p On a lighter note tonnes of paper will be saved.

Last edited:

Meenal@123

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
@kevingoku
But another thing i have heard is that all SDS applications from over the world will be processed in Canada, not in the country one has applied from.. . Don't know how that's gonna effect the positive results. .

kevingoku

Star Member
Apr 6, 2019
It doesn't matter where it get's processed because all the visa officers will be given the same guidelines and they need to follow the same guidelines while reviewing an application. I applied from India [Bangalore] under SDS online last month, my application was processed by Ottawa IRCC Office. My visa is approved. What matters is your S.O.P and inclusion of all the supporting documents listed in cic website. That's it, if you are genuine and have enough skills and money to survive in Canada. You will most probably get a visa.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
can any one suggest that what are the importance documents we should include?

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
It doesn't matter where it get's processed because all the visa officers will be given the same guidelines and they need to follow the same guidelines while reviewing an application. I applied from India [Bangalore] under SDS online last month, my application was processed by Ottawa IRCC Office. My visa is approved. What matters is your S.O.P and inclusion of all the supporting documents listed in cic website. That's it, if you are genuine and have enough skills and money to survive in Canada. You will most probably get a visa.
How do you know it was processed by Ottawa office? Does it say so anywhere?