Trudeau shuffles cabinet

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betty44 said:
blah blah blah.
Are you salty with him because he didn't give you extra points for having a Canadian sibling? Remember that if you are not happy with McCallum, I doubt that you will be happy with the new guy.

p/s: have you maxed out everything you could do with your profile yet?

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Are you salty with him because he didn't give you extra points for having a Canadian sibling? Remember that if you are not happy with McCallum, I doubt that you will be happy with the new guy.

LOL, hopefully those additional points will help future generations.
but i am glad we have a new minister and im sure im not the only one.

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:

yeah i belong to the ontario french stream now.
lol but i clould use those points for my younger sister. :p
changes are good alex be happy

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks like more security checks in the future.

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
[quot
hor=vensak link=topic=468813.msg5698079#msg5698079 date=1484074655]
[/quote]

Why because the new minister is natve Somali?

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
mead said:
what job he was supposed to do? I feel he was doing a good job a little slow but still was looking positive.
IMO every minister of immigration is somewhat "not doing their job" to some applicants. But I agree with you I feel he was doing his job realistically.

Johyo

Sep 10, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omar_ahmed21 said:
This is great news. Looking forward for these changes. With all respect Mr. McCallum did nothing other than speaking. He has delivered few of his Govn't promises, but he didn't meet people expectations in terms of immigration. I think he will serve better as ambassador.
I laughed out loud for your mccallum comment... that was what exactly all he did... just talk about a big picture, media go crazy, and nothing happens. ;D

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johyo said:
I laughed out loud for your mccallum comment... that was what exactly all he did... just talk about a big picture, media go crazy, and nothing happens. ;D
;)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Castillo said:
[quot
hor=vensak link=topic=468813.msg5698079#msg5698079 date=1484074655]

Why because the new minister is natve Somali?
Check his background history (where he work and what was he responsible for). Mccallum was more like Economist hence the approach to promote international students path (additional points).
Here on the other hand we have somebody who have worked rather a lot around security and rights protections. It is his background (work history) not his original nationality that hints that out.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johyo said:
Not to be blunt, but only people who cannot get an ITA say that McCallum hadn't done anything. He did pretty much everything in the presentation they released back in July.

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Minister for Immigration has to approve every express entry draw and the number of ITAs issued. This guy can decide to revamp express entry which will reshuffle the scores again or he may reduce the number of ITAs issued. I am taking this news with some level of trepidation for the future of immigration. Time to rewrite my IELTS and join the pool ASAP before negative changes are made.

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Not to be blunt, but only people who cannot get an ITA say that McCallum hadn't done anything. He did pretty much everything in the presentation they released back in July.

Are you pointing finger here ::)

Thanks

omar_ahmed21

Nov 22, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
I don't know why you are upset about this changes. Wait until the new guy start to do his job and then we all going to determine his performance. All my comments above was my opinion and I'm not trying to be a d**K or offend anyone.