+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trudeau shuffles cabinet

dhaval.r

Jun 5, 2016
I think decisions about immigration (in any country) are not the personal ones. They're taken after consideration of a lot of factors. I mean, they have a team out there who work for the minister.

With this change, there may be some difference in the leadership style, but I don't think there'll be any knee-jerk changes.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
smtele said:
Immigration plan for 2017 has already been set by JMC. I do not think that there will be any changes to it by the new immigration minister.
i agree and there was a policy change recently. If at all there is a change it would be a policy change. Draws are administrative work

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Speaking of budgets,
Here is some nice reading. It seems like they are cutting back lot of investment especially on Economical immigrants in next few years:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2016-2017/

At the same time there is high increase in security budget. And refugees budget does go back to year 2015 size.

In practical words it is hinting on longer waiting times and tougher system there.

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
vensak said:
Speaking of budgets,
Here is some nice reading. It seems like they are cutting back lot of investment especially on Economical immigrants in next few years:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/rpp/2016-2017/

At the same time there is high increase in security budget. And refugees budget does go back to year 2015 size.

In practical words it is hinting on longer waiting times and tougher system there.
d
guy why are you always negative? Just dis January some people ppr 6 weeks or less after aor

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g126 said:
But I disagree with you about stricter security checks for people like us... you see I firmly believe that the bad elements won't want to go to places like Canada in the first place as they know they won't be tolerated there and will eventually be kicked out.. in this case I believe the good attracts the good and the bad attract the bad.

People like us are good people trying to get away from the bad stuff...
Well, I think you might be wrong, as the most corrupt government officials and shady businessmen in my country all send their rich kids to Western countries like Canada to study, buy houses, cars as a way to stash their fortunes. They can get a degree from the most prestigious university in the country without having to spend a single day in classes. They can get away even with serious crimes like murder or arson because of money and power. Just look at those rich kids from mainland China or the Gulf, you will get the idea.

People like us will have no trouble with stricter security checks, maybe just a bit longer processing time, but we can weed out so many applicants who will only bring violence, corruption and incompatible values to Canada. I don't come here to live with them.

Castillo said:
d
guy why are you always negative? Just dis January some people ppr 6 weeks or less after aor
Being realistic =/ negative
You can make an educated guess of the upcoming agenda of the government from the appointment of the new Ministers.

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
[quote a

Alexios07 link=topic=468813.msg5700119#msg5700119 date=1484149375]
Well, I think you might be wrong, as the most corrupt government officials and shady businessmen in my country all send their rich kids to Western countries like Canada to study, buy houses, cars as a way to stash their fortunes. They can get a degree from the most prestigious university in the country without having to spend a single day in classes. They can get away even with serious crimes like murder or arson because of money and power. Just look at those rich kids from mainland China or the Gulf, you will get the idea.

People like us will have no trouble with stricter security checks, maybe just a bit longer processing time, but we can weed out so many applicants who will only bring violence, corruption and incompatible values to Canada. I don't come here to live with them.

You can make an educated guess of the upcoming agenda of the government from the appointment of the new Ministers.

[/quote]

What is your Canadian educated guess? I have always know you to be an imperialist! I don't think is the first time there has being a reshuffling.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Castillo said:
What is your Canadian educated guess? I have always know you to be an imperialist! I don't think is the first time there has being a reshuffling.
Haha, now I am an imperialist? last time when I posted my opinion about not accepting too many refugees, a guy called me a fascist. What makes you come to the conclusion?

Yes, this is not the first time for a cabinet reshuffle, but the new Minister and the former are very different from each other.

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
Alexios07 said:

I sense stereotypes and it really annoying me! I'm a immigrants from main land china, I finished my education in Canada from grade 11. I understand the chinese government has been far away from perfect but it is the assumption like yours: rich kids from china = from a corrupted family = never study hard & get away with anything - annoying me a lot! Personally I never witness anyone finished school without even showing up! Especially in colleges in Canada but I will not say that for all. But when international students get hurt even being killed and then the social media is full of comments like "they deserves it because they are international students so their parents must be corrupted". It hurts me and I feel it's because thought/assumptions like your encouraged this kind of hatred

I'm sorry I'm off the main topic but I don't regret what I said above

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Alexios07 said:
Haha, now I am an imperialist? last time when I posted my opinion about not accepting too many refugees, a guy called me a fascist. What makes you come to the conclusion?

Yes, this is not the first time for a cabinet reshuffle, but the new Minister and the former are very different from each other.
You need to do some introspection. After which, if you're honest with yourself, it should become evident why these claims against your personality (fascist, imperialist, pessimist...I'm sorry "realist") keep recurring.

Oh and congrats on the ITA Alexios07.

Castillo

Nov 23, 2016
Alexios07 said:

How are they different ? But the govt and their plans are same! If the PM needs MaCallum to do anything in his ministry he does not need to move him, he would instruct him.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Alexios07 said:
Well, I think you might be wrong, as the most corrupt government officials and shady businessmen in my country all send their rich kids to Western countries like Canada to study, buy houses, cars as a way to stash their fortunes. They can get a degree from the most prestigious university in the country without having to spend a single day in classes. They can get away even with serious crimes like murder or arson because of money and power....
I'd love to see them trying to get through the EE process... Yes they send their kids on student visas and then they have to bugger off back to where ever they're from if they don't get their act together and change... You wont find rich spoiled brats who are to lazy to study getting CLB 9 and good CRS scores. What you may find rich spoiled reformed brats who have had enough of their old corrupt lives and want to make a change for the better getting though EE.

As far as I know you can't BUY a PR... and even if you could... these people would come over to Canada and find very hard to lead their corrupt lives in the middle of moral and ethical people... who are they going to bribe or con? They can get away with serious crimes in the corrupt countries by paying off officials, not in Canada.

Having said that I fail to see how in hell is tighter security on the EE going to help weed out these individuals? Make security tighter on VISA streams were funds make a difference like students visas and investors visa... not the EE for FSW, CEC and PNP, as that would just delay the entry of good and decent people who will make a positive difference to Canada and in doing so make their own lives better.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reayath said:
I sense stereotypes and it really annoying me! I'm a immigrants from main land china, I finished my education in Canada from grade 11. I understand the chinese government has been far away from perfect but it is the assumption like yours: rich kids from china = from a corrupted family = never study hard & get away with anything - annoying me a lot! Personally I never witness anyone finished school without even showing up! Especially in colleges in Canada but I will not say that for all. But when international students get hurt even being killed and then the social media is full of comments like "they deserves it because they are international students so their parents must be corrupted". It hurts me and I feel it's because thought/assumptions like your encouraged this kind of hatred

I'm sorry I'm off the main topic but I don't regret what I said above
Well, I may or may not be a Chinese, but I do understand your point. This is not my assumption, it's what Canadians perceive the new young upper class of Chinese in Canada. If you are in BC, just go to Robson street, not so hard to spot those typical stereotype rich kids in supercars with the green N signs. I am not saying all Chinese applicants are rich and corrupted, but due to the high volume of many fake applicants and shady business practices, it makes things harder for Chinese applicants.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/immigration-fraud-china-canada-1.3826942

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/leakedircc-does-assess-applications-based-on-country-of-origin-t437580.0.html>H>msg5321670#msg5321670

It's the same thing for applicants from my country as well. If you come from certain regions, expect your applications to be placed in the black list of IRCC.

luv2read90 said:
You need to do some introspection. After which, if you're honest with yourself, it should become evident why these claims against your personality (fascist, imperialist, pessimist...I'm sorry "realist") keep recurring.

Oh and congrats on the ITA Alexios07.
Or don't you think because some people are just closed-minded, and get angry when my opinions are not aligned with theirs? Last time I check, the Canadian Parliament and the Liberal party of Canada also didn't favour bringing in more refugees, but somehow I am the only fascist (btw, do you know the definition of that word). So much for the "freedom of opinion" eh?

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Folks,

I do understand, it is all about point of views. Everyone is as independent as soul to have the same. However, please be compassionate with all of us who are waiting for ITA with scores with 400+. I am at 434. My only fault was that I woke up late on immigration and thus loosing the points on the age. Otherwise, I would be in 460+.

Both the ministers - ex and the new one are great guys. They are allowing all of us to have a hope. Many of you are in advance stages and should enjoy the journey to reach to your goal of successful PR.

Please enjoy your journey and not to criticize.

Thank you,

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
I dont know why you all have concerns for new minister. The face changes all the times but not the policies so I cant think he have that much power to increase security checks or other things. He will do what will be his government policy he just cant suddenly change all the system on its own.

The new minister will not bring any change because the govt is same and their policies will remain as it is. We have seen McCullum doing things on his own and getting kicked out of the office. I am not expecting any changes because he is not the only one who have the power to decide all the rules and policies about immigration there are other stakeholders is well who decides policies and work together and more importantly there is a guy called Trudeau who is not changed so people not expect good or bad things from him the system will run as it is running now.