Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
hello everyone does any one have any idea how long it takes to get approved for TRP application? And what about validity? Thank you all

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hbushra said:
I am willing to come back to my country after visiting him as i have a very good job here.
That is the key to obtaining a TRV. If you document your ties to your home country they should grant your TRV. If they don't, permission via a TRP might be granted on H&C grounds - but it is difficult to say, unfortunately, because it is discretionary.

Your FSW application shouldn't impact the TRV ("dual intent") but it is up to the visa officer.

Did you include your husband in your FSW application? If so (and if granted) then the process wouldn't take 3-4 years.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
toronto30 said:
does any one have any idea how long it takes to get approved for TRP application? And what about validity? Thank you all
I can only comment on my own experience. My application was not reviewed by the assigned VO for seven months after I submitted it. With that said, the VO called me and did indicate she was inclined to grant it but didn't think it was necessary because my PR had just been approved.

Processing time is visa office dependent.

TRPs may be granted for one use (single entry) or multiple use (multi-entry). They can be valid for one day or longer (I'm not sure what the maximum is) though I've never heard of anyone obtaining one good for more than a year. They may be renewed. They may be revoked at any point in time by CIC.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Also, note that if one is admitted to Canada on a TRP and maintains a valid TRP continuously, eventually the holder becomes eligible for permanent residency in the "permit holder's class". Good luck finding the forms on the CIC website - unless you know that class exists, it is very difficult to find the forms. They easily turn up via search, however.

For medical inadmissibility, the time is three years. For all other inadmissibilities, the time is five years.

hbushra

Jan 21, 2012
Hi Computer.
I have prepared my application once again.
and i am ready to submit it.

but i am unsure whether to apply for single entry or multiple? i heard my husband's hearing date is Dec 9 2013.
What seems more logical? multiple or single?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hbushra said:
Hi Computer.
I have prepared my application once again.
and i am ready to submit it.

but i am unsure whether to apply for single entry or multiple? i heard my husband's hearing date is Dec 9 2013.
What seems more logical? multiple or single?
Multiple permits you to leave and return. You must have a compelling reason in either case and it must be reasonable in your case.

hbushra

Jan 21, 2012
Today i applied for the TRP alongwith the TRV application via online system.
Let's see how it goes :(

hbushra

Jan 21, 2012
Although i requested for TRP they did not pay any attention to those lines and sent me a TRV rejection. I don know how to pay for TRP online? i only paid the multiple entry TRV fee and requested to consider me for TRP if i am deemed inadmissible. and they sent me refusal letter :

1. Your travel history
2. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
3. Your personal assets and financial status
4. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
5. You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

These reasons don't look mine. absolutely NOT. I am a genuine visitor.

I highlighted my business travel to UAE
2. i had schengen business visa on my passport ( but i did not travel on that since meeting was cancelled and i clearly explained in my letter that the metting was called off so i did not travel unnecessarily, which further proves my strong ties to home country
3. I showed my USD current account with the balance of 14,000 USD (these are my personal funds, not even borrowed)
4. i showed my CAR papers + original Home registry with my name on it.
5. I attached a return ticket itinerary (intended duration of stay was 15 days)
6. I attached a legal oath document/affidavit of assurance to return to my country of residence
7. I bought visitor's insurance and attached a copy of it.
8. I clearly told them that my family is here and im obligated to support them financially &take care of our house in PK since i am eldest in my siblings having no brother. attached my sister's university enrollment card.
9. I told them im not a refugee and niether dependant on canadian govt nor a liability on PK's govt.
10. My compelling reason to visit Canada was clearly highlighted in the letter, as my marriage is ruining just because of my inability to meet with my husband. and there will be a marriage breakdown if i don't sort out my relation. I just want to meet my husband because he is staying in canada otherwise i give a damn about Canada.
11. i clearly told them that i applied for FSW 2013 just because they refused my visitor application althought i didn't even want to become a PR of Canada in the first place.

Help. !!!!!
Does someone have to die in order to get TRP ? why they didn't consider me for TRP?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hbushra said:
Although i requested for TRP they did not pay any attention to those lines and sent me a TRV rejection. I don know how to pay for TRP online? i only paid the multiple entry TRV fee and requested to consider me for TRP if i am deemed inadmissible. and they sent me refusal letter :

1. Your travel history
2. Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
3. Your personal assets and financial status
4. I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
5. You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your / your host's income and assets.

These reasons don't look mine. absolutely NOT. I am a genuine visitor.

I highlighted my business travel to UAE
2. i had schengen business visa on my passport ( but i did not travel on that since meeting was cancelled and i clearly explained in my letter that the metting was called off so i did not travel unnecessarily, which further proves my strong ties to home country
3. I showed my USD current account with the balance of 14,000 USD (these are my personal funds, not even borrowed)
4. i showed my CAR papers + original Home registry with my name on it.
5. I attached a return ticket itinerary (intended duration of stay was 15 days)
6. I attached a legal oath document/affidavit of assurance to return to my country of residence
7. I bought visitor's insurance and attached a copy of it.
8. I clearly told them that my family is here and im obligated to support them financially &take care of our house in PK since i am eldest in my siblings having no brother. attached my sister's university enrollment card.
9. I told them im not a refugee and niether dependant on canadian govt nor a liability on PK's govt.
10. My compelling reason to visit Canada was clearly highlighted in the letter, as my marriage is ruining just because of my inability to meet with my husband. and there will be a marriage breakdown if i don't sort out my relation. I just want to meet my husband because he is staying in canada otherwise i give a damn about Canada.
11. i clearly told them that i applied for FSW 2013 just because they refused my visitor application althought i didn't even want to become a PR of Canada in the first place.

Help. !!!!!
Does someone have to die in order to get TRP ? why they didn't consider me for TRP?
If you didn't include the fee, they often ignore it thoug case law says they should still consider it.

Pay the fee via cheque or money order. Submit the trp application in writing.

hbushra

Jan 21, 2012
Hi,

My husband's hearing was yesterday and finally his claim got accepted. Now is it the right time to apply for my TRP? considering he is a confirmed refugee how much time it takes after acceptance? please guide me. thanks.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hbushra said:
Hi,

My husband's hearing was yesterday and finally his claim got accepted. Now is it the right time to apply for my TRP? considering he is a confirmed refugee how much time it takes after acceptance? please guide me. thanks.
Congratulations! It must be a huge relief for him (and getting a positive refugee determination these days is challenging).

Now would be a good time to submit it, yes.

ivo133

Jul 5, 2018
Hi guys here is my dilema,
i have been deported on the grounds of serios criminality(Fogery) after being PR Resident for 12 years,I am Bulgarian passport holder which is visa free to Canda but still requers ETA.I am curently living and working in Mexico.Married to a Canadian citizen and have an 14 old son from previos marriage and i haven't seen him for 6 years now but still keep in touch on a dayli basis.My wife travels back and forth to Mexico in order to be togheter,but it is very tuff financialy and emotianly.
I have no desire to come back and live in Canada what so ever and just want to be able to come for visit twice a year or once a year if possible as my in laws are getting older and have a 30 year old niece with stage 4 cancer that i like to see one more time.
My question is :Where and How do i apply for TRP and how long would it take to aprove(IF),we have no money for Lawyer fees just looking for sugestions.Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys here is my dilema,
i have been deported on the grounds of serios criminality(Fogery) after being PR Resident for 12 years,I am Bulgarian passport holder which is visa free to Canda but still requers ETA.I am curently living and working in Mexico.Married to a Canadian citizen and have an 14 old son from previos marriage and i haven't seen him for 6 years now but still keep in touch on a dayli basis.My wife travels back and forth to Mexico in order to be togheter,but it is very tuff financialy and emotianly.
I have no desire to come back and live in Canada what so ever and just want to be able to come for visit twice a year or once a year if possible as my in laws are getting older and have a 30 year old niece with stage 4 cancer that i like to see one more time.
My question is :Where and How do i apply for TRP and how long would it take to aprove(IF),we have no money for Lawyer fees just looking for sugestions.Thank you
The TRP application process is outlined in the link below. Since you are visa exempt / required an ETA, you'll need to speak with the visa office for your region to confirm how to apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/temporary-resident-permits.html

How long it takes to process is very difficult to say since processing times vary widely. It's possible you may hear back after a few weeks - however several months is also entirely possible and quite common.

Reactions: ivo133