+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRP

ivo133

Jul 5, 2018
The TRP application process is outlined in the link below. Since you are visa exempt / required an ETA, you'll need to speak with the visa office for your region to confirm how to apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/temporary-resident-permits.html

How long it takes to process is very difficult to say since processing times vary widely. It's possible you may hear back after a few weeks - however several months is also entirely possible and quite common.
UUPPSSS change of situation as of today:
My wife went to her MP office to demend speedy aproval of TRP,,, after one hour on the phone the MP informed my wife that acording to imigration Canada i am still Permanent Resident,acording to CBSA i am not because deportation order has been issued but never enforced,so i guess i have to go back in order for them to deport me and then apply for TRP,and apperantly Imigration Canada and CBSA don't share info.In any case i am not allowed to go back so i can get legaly deported and i am not alowed to apply for TRP go figure......

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
UUPPSSS change of situation as of today:
My wife went to her MP office to demend speedy aproval of TRP,,, after one hour on the phone the MP informed my wife that acording to imigration Canada i am still Permanent Resident,acording to CBSA i am not because deportation order has been issued but never enforced,so i guess i have to go back in order for them to deport me and then apply for TRP,and apperantly Imigration Canada and CBSA don't share info.In any case i am not allowed to go back so i can get legaly deported and i am not alowed to apply for TRP go figure......
It's true that you cannot apply for a TRP if you are still a PR.

However you don't need to be legally deported to lose your PR status. You can apply to renounce your PR status yourself.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-voluntarily-renounce-permanent-resident-status.html

ivo133

Jul 5, 2018
dear Scylla thank you for your replays but what about if i dont want to rennounce my PR status,an ''accidently'' end up in Canada, then what,since more then 5 years has past since my last conviction,just looking for opinions

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dear Scylla thank you for your replays but what about if i dont want to rennounce my PR status,an ''accidently'' end up in Canada, then what,since more then 5 years has past since my last conviction,just looking for opinions
Your situation is complicated and you really need to be speaking with a lawyer.

Based on the information you've provided, you don't meet the residency obligation to keep your PR status - so it will be quite difficult for you to 'accidentally' end up in Canada. Flying to Canada will be impossible for you (you don't have a valid PR card and cannot get a PRTD). So you would need to enter the US (for which you would need a visa - not sure that will be possible given your conviction) and then enter Canada through a US/Canada land border. When you arrive at the land boarder, the pending deportation order will show up in their systems and you should expect to be removed on the spot.

Again, complicated. Understand funds are short - but your best option really is to seek legal assistance.

Reactions: Bryanna

ivo133

Jul 5, 2018
Thanks again but i allready spoke with a very prominent lawyer and he really does not know what to answear as situation is complicated,the think is that i can end up in Canada if i really want to, regarding how and when,the problem is that i don't want to go true the BS.The lawyer seems to think that if iam allready there he can do something about it on the grounds of humanitarian and compassionate blah blah since child is involved,again i don't want to llive in Canada and i don't want to get locked in legal batles and i will not be permited to live the country,i just want to be able to come for a visits now and then.Thank you for your advice i really preciate it.