+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trouble with one of my job reference letters

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I already received my ITA, but I haven’t confirmed the information of my EE profile yet (which is the first thing you’ve got to do once you receive the ITA), so I’m assuming I still can edit the information.

The problem I’m facing as I’m gathering all documents is concerning to one of my job reference letters. I have 3 job reference letters, 2 of them have all the information that is suggested to include in them (job functions, annual salary, benefits, etc.) and both of them are related to the NOC I´ve selected as my main NOC (these 2 jobs give me 4 years of experience in that professional field). On the other hand, the employer of my third job (which has a different NOC) refuses to issue a job reference letter with the whole information due to “company’s privacy policies”, so they gave me a letter that only includes my name, my job position, the period in which I worked for them and their contact information (no job functions, no hours per week, no list of benefits, etc).

As I mentioned before, this third job belongs to a secondary NOC, so what should I do? Should I edit the profile and quit that job position since the job reference letter is incomplete or should I submit it that way? Is it possible that the application is denied due to this secondary-NOC position?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I already received my ITA, but I haven’t confirmed the information of my EE profile yet (which is the first thing you’ve got to do once you receive the ITA), so I’m assuming I still can edit the information.

The problem I’m facing as I’m gathering all documents is concerning to one of my job reference letters. I have 3 job reference letters, 2 of them have all the information that is suggested to include in them (job functions, annual salary, benefits, etc.) and both of them are related to the NOC I´ve selected as my main NOC (these 2 jobs give me 4 years of experience in that professional field). On the other hand, the employer of my third job (which has a different NOC) refuses to issue a job reference letter with the whole information due to “company’s privacy policies”, so they gave me a letter that only includes my name, my job position, the period in which I worked for them and their contact information (no job functions, no hours per week, no list of benefits, etc).

As I mentioned before, this third job belongs to a secondary NOC, so what should I do? Should I edit the profile and quit that job position since the job reference letter is incomplete or should I submit it that way? Is it possible that the application is denied due to this secondary-NOC position?
If two letters give you four years you sont need the third one. Maximum points are for 3 years of foreign experience.

BUT make sure you have one year continuous experience in your primary NOC and it’s backed by reference letter.