+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trouble with Job Reference Letter

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
I worked for a company for 3 years, but HR refuses to issue me a job reference letter that states that I worked there for that whole period of time, because the first year I wasn’t officially in the payroll of the company (even though I was working there under a contract and had all the formalities of a regular job). So the job reference letter they gave me says I worked there for two years. The solution they are offering me is to ask my former boss (who no longer works there either, by the way) to issue me a letter stating the job I did during that first year.

Even if I get only 2 years of experience for that position, I still have 4 years in total because I’ve worked for another 2 years in my current company (so instead of getting 5 years I get 4, which still is more than the minimum of 3 years to get all the points). The problem is that I already created an EE profile stating that I worked for the first company for 3 years.

So basically my options are:

A) Withdraw my EE profile and create a new one adjusting the dates so they match with the letter I already have

B) Keep the profile as it is and ask my former boss for a letter that covers that first year, with the inconvenience of backing my experience in that job with two different letters (one from HR and the other one from my former boss)

What should I do?