+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trouble applying for open work permit after AOR

Josephmyatt1996

Jun 11, 2023
I just received my AOR from my Outland application for Spousal PR. I’m an Australian and applied on the 1st of December 2023. I flew to Canada on a six month visitor visa on 21st of December 2023.
Now that I have my AOR I’m trying to apply for an open work permit. But I’m finding it impossible.
Despite been logged into my IRCC account, everytime I click on determine my eligibility in the apply to Canada section, the questionnaire never brings me an open work permit. Only express entry or Spousal PR. It’s incredibly frustrating and I’m hoping someone can help me out.

nve

Apr 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
28-06-2023
AOR Received.
15-08-2023
I just received my AOR from my Outland application for Spousal PR. I’m an Australian and applied on the 1st of December 2023. I flew to Canada on a six month visitor visa on 21st of December 2023.
Now that I have my AOR I’m trying to apply for an open work permit. But I’m finding it impossible.
Despite been logged into my IRCC account, everytime I click on determine my eligibility in the apply to Canada section, the questionnaire never brings me an open work permit. Only express entry or Spousal PR. It’s incredibly frustrating and I’m hoping someone can help me out.
Hi,
For the first two questions you have to select the following answers:

What would you like to do in Canada?
- Work
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
- Temporarily - more than 6 months

(Of course you want to stay permanently in the end, but the work permit will only be valid for two years at a time, so it is only for temporary stay)

Reactions: YVR123