+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Triage complete on gcms notes: how to interpret

Rod student

Jun 23, 2021
Hi
On my gcms notes a note says triage complete. And no other comments. However, as per notes made early last year eligibility and criminality are still in progress. I wonder if triage doesn’t include eligibility and criminality within its criteria?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi
On my gcms notes a note says triage complete. And no other comments. However, as per notes made early last year eligibility and criminality are still in progress. I wonder if triage doesn’t include eligibility and criminality within its criteria?
No, triage does not include eligibility and criminality in its criteria.

As I understand it, triage is all about COVID priorities for processing. Nothing to do with criminality and eligibility.

Reactions: armoured

Rod student

Jun 23, 2021
Thanks, it’s been almost two years. Do you by chance know if there anything I can do to ask for “expedite” processing? Or do I just have to wait for another two years, by current pace I am guessing.

Rod student

Jun 23, 2021
Also, wou
You can't expedite processing by asking them. Has the Canadian/PR of your family contacted their MP?
Canadian pr is my wife and she is coming back in July.
I have been working on open work permit here and was actually going to email mp’s case manager today. I hope it makes ircc work on my application. I called MPs office last week they asked me to send them a form back, permission to access and my basic information.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
How long has your wife been outside of Canada? That may contribute - she is supposed to be in Canada the whole time she is sponsoring someone.

Rod student

Jun 23, 2021
How long has your wife been outside of Canada? That may contribute - she is supposed to be in Canada the whole time she is sponsoring someone.
Oh really I didn’t know. She has been stuck due to COVID ban on flights and before that she had a family issue back there. So I would say one year outside Canada. I wasn’t aware of this rule! I think should send her ticket booked to ircc ASAP?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Oh really I didn’t know. She has been stuck due to COVID ban on flights and before that she had a family issue back there. So I would say one year outside Canada. I wasn’t aware of this rule! I think should send her ticket booked to ircc ASAP?
If she is a PR, she needs to live in Canada to sponsor you... She's been gone for a full year?!

Also if you applied inland, she needs to live with you. So you and her have been living seperately for also a full year?

Rod student

Jun 23, 2021
Yes, out of two years of application processing time so far for one year we were here in our house, then she had to go for a family reason. Now she is coming back in July, hoping flights open from our country.
quick question: I tried to search this this rule on ircc website but couldn’t find it anywhere, do you have a link that you could share?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, out of two years of application processing time so far for one year we were here in our house, then she had to go for a family reason. Now she is coming back in July, hoping flights open from our country.
quick question: I tried to search this this rule on ircc website but couldn’t find it anywhere, do you have a link that you could share?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html#before

Who can become a sponsor
You can become a sponsor if you are:
  • at least 18 years old
  • a Canadian citizen, a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or a permanent resident living in Canada:
    • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative(s) become(s) a permanent resident.
    • You can’t sponsor someone if you are a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • able to prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability, and;
  • can provide for the basic needs of any person you are sponsoring (and in some limited situations, that you meet the low-income cut-off).
Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner
You can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner if:

• they are at least 18 years old
  • your relationship is genuine (real) and wasn’t entered into just to get permanent resident status in Canada
If your spouse or common-law partner is applying in the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class, they must already co-habit (live) with you in Canada.

I will need to find out the link for continue living with your spouse in Canada. But I am sure that's part of the standard landing interview question for inland. Not sure if they still ask it in the virtual landing.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#who

Who can use this application package?
Use this application package if you’re a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or a permanent resident of Canada who is 18 years of age or older and you want to sponsor:
  • your spouse or common-law partner who lives with you in Canada, and their dependent children
  • your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner who lives overseas, and their dependent children
  • your dependent children
Apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class if your spouse or common-law partner:

• lives with you in Canada
  • has valid immigration status in Canada
  • would like to apply for, and qualifies for, an Open Work Permit so that they can work while the application is being processed

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Given all this, you might want to delay making official inquiries about your case until your spouse is back in Canada .

Reactions: YVR123 and k.h.p.

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
No, triage does not include eligibility and criminality in its criteria.

As I understand it, triage is all about COVID priorities for processing. Nothing to do with criminality and eligibility.
Hi. I'm not sure you'll see this. I have triage 1 and triage 2 on my gcms notes with dates 2 and 3 years before I came to Canada. What do you think this means?