+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling without PR card?

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hello, I recently (1 month ago) got my PR card. I am an American male, age 30.

Me or my wife seemed to have misplaced my wallet within our house of residence and it had all my cards in it including my PR card. We have a trip planned to NYC and Ohio to see family planned from June 29-July 15th planned.

Currently I have my US passport and my confirmation of permanent residence on hand. We will be travelling TO the US by plane, but we will be returning with my father by car (private vehicle)

Will I have an issue travelling if I do not locate my wallet/ get replacement card in time?

I figure travelling to the US shoudlnt be an issue considering I am a US citizen with valid passport, but curious about getting back in with my passport + confirmation of PR document. Coming back to Canada with my father who will be driving us in his private vehicle over the border.

Let me know your insight please

Thanks

-Ryan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hello, I recently (1 month ago) got my PR card. I am an American male, age 30.

Me or my wife seemed to have misplaced my wallet within our house of residence and it had all my cards in it including my PR card. We have a trip planned to NYC and Ohio to see family planned from June 29-July 15th planned.

Currently I have my US passport and my confirmation of permanent residence on hand. We will be travelling TO the US by plane, but we will be returning with my father by car (private vehicle)

Will I have an issue travelling if I do not locate my wallet/ get replacement card in time?

I figure travelling to the US shoudlnt be an issue considering I am a US citizen with valid passport, but curious about getting back in with my passport + confirmation of PR document. Coming back to Canada with my father who will be driving us in his private vehicle over the border.

Let me know your insight please

Thanks

-Ryan
1/ If returning by private car, your COPR and passport are sufficient.