+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to US by car for 2 weeks after thr ceremony

bunnienie88

Nov 5, 2018
Hi everyone!

I believe during the oath taking, they will instruct you to destroy your PR Card. How long will you get to have your Cdn passport?

The thing is, will be travelling to US by car for a 2-week vacation. I do have of course a valid US tourist visa and a valid foreign passport -Philippines.

Anyone who had in this situation before? And how you do it? Thanks much.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone!

I believe during the oath taking, they will instruct you to destroy your PR Card. How long will you get to have your Cdn passport?

The thing is, will be travelling to US by car for a 2-week vacation. I do have of course a valid US tourist visa and a valid foreign passport -Philippines.

Anyone who had in this situation before? And how you do it? Thanks much.
There are two separate questions here, your entry to US and your return to Canada:
1) to USA: if you can enter on basis of your other passport, no issue. (Because you may get asked about status in Canada, possibly a good idea to have some confirmation that you are/were a PR/citizen. But I don't know much about USA).

2) To Canada by land: if you have your citizenship certificate to show your status in Canada (citizen), and photo ID (passport even foreign, driver's license, etc) to establish that you-are-you, you will be admitted.

By air, you would need Canadian passport or the physical PR card.

Reactions: snoopyta