+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to India without TRV

Payal Parmar

Jul 28, 2021
Hi I was in same situation last year. I got my study permit approved and than I applied for TRV inside canada and got approved in 4days. I had to travel urgent and passport stamping in Ottawa would take like 3 weeks. Hence I traveled to India and submitted my passport for stamping on next morning I reached India. I got my passport stamped in india. You can submit passport stamping at any visa office. (Vfs). But in this covid cant say anything if vfs accept passport stamping or not. Goodluck
Hi
I want to visit India in November and I applied TRV on 30th May 2021 but didn't get any updates so what should i do if i visit india then how can i come back here ?

Catymeety

Nov 12, 2020
I heard some of those who applied in Jan and Feb have got approval. I applied in April. I got married in 2019 and my PR is in process. My spouse could not come here due to delay in PR. My work permit got expired and I got that extended. Then I applied TRV in April hoping that I will get that atleast.
I want to visit india in November 2021 bcz its my marriage but i apply for TRV in May 2021 and I didn't get passport request yet what should i do in this situation? I can go inida without TRV and apply over there ??

Reactions: Payal Parmar

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
All of you don’t worry
I had same situation last year December but i went to india without stamping or any approval
I got passport request while i was in india and same process sent passport via vfs and got back passport with sticker visa in 20 days

best of luck

Nishuu09

Jul 24, 2021
All of you don’t worry
I had same situation last year December but i went to india without stamping or any approval
I got passport request while i was in india and same process sent passport via vfs and got back passport with sticker visa in 20 days

best of luck
Can you give more info about this.???

Payal Parmar

Jul 28, 2021
All of you don’t worry

best of luck
What is the procedure if we get passport request while we are in india ?? Which documents we have to submit at VFS ??

Payal Parmar

Jul 28, 2021
I had sent a request for approval if we can submit our passport frm India. I've mailed abt this situation to IRCC via web form & email and also I have sent an email to CPC-Ottawa. Waiting for the response now.....
You get reply from IRCC regarding stamping passport in india ? Plz reply

Subbuhamilton

Jan 18, 2022
Like have you mailed your query to CIC or IRCC and haven't heard or you applied TRV on 15th Nov and no update on that?? And when & where are you traveling??
I mailed IRCC yesterday about my issue now waiting for any response.
Hi,

I am in the same situation as youts. Were you able to process your TRV from India ? if yes, does it require prior approval from IRCC/cpc-O ? Please advise.

Riya Gupta

May 17, 2023
Hi..I got my PGWP yesterday and waiting for my hard copy to apply for TRV. But the thing is I want to travel to India in first week of June on urgent basis. So is it possible for me to travel? What things I need to do while returning to canada?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi..I got my PGWP yesterday and waiting for my hard copy to apply for TRV. But the thing is I want to travel to India in first week of June on urgent basis. So is it possible for me to travel? What things I need to do while returning to canada?
You can travel without a problem

To return you must have a valid TRV. Apply TRV online and wait for PPR and send passport for stamping

Good Luck

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can certainly leave Canada without the TRV or a hard copy of your PGWP.

In order to return to Canada, you will need a valid TRV.

annu singh

Jan 20, 2024
Hello
I got my post graduate work permit last year and just because I am not going India, I didn't apply my TRV. My query is that when I will apply for my PR in future should I have to take TRV or not?
Thank you

Kike12ng

Apr 7, 2024
I have been asked to drop my passport for my approved visitors visa. But l am currently in Canada for holidays. Can l drop it off at a VAC centre in Canada before the expiration of the 30 days. Since am still in Canada by then. My home Country is Nigeria.