+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to India without TRV

Arun Sarma

Apr 18, 2020
Quick Update:

My TRV (Inside Canada) timeline (Updated)

Applied on Dec 21-2020
Passport Request on January 07-2021
Passport Sent on January 07-2021
Passport Delivered on January 11-2021 (Delayed due to Weekend)
Approve Status - January 20-2021
Return Tracker Activation - January 20-2021
Passport Received - January 21-2021
These are really quick timelines. I submitted for TRV as well from inside Canada on DEC 4 -2020 and still haven't seen any progress!!!! Any clue how to get it expedite.

Arun Sarma

Apr 18, 2020
Quick Update!
I talked to an CIC Agent this morning, she told me I can go to INDIA even my application is in process! And whenever I get a passport request from them, I will need to write a WEB FORM and tell them the situation and request them weather I can submit my passport in Indian Passport office!
So, did this work? I am in a similar situation where my TRV application is in progress since 4th DEC and IRCC is not able to provide any eta. Need to travel back urgently and come back in a month or so. Should I travel now or wait till I get a passport req.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, did this work? I am in a similar situation where my TRV application is in progress since 4th DEC and IRCC is not able to provide any eta. Need to travel back urgently and come back in a month or so. Should I travel now or wait till I get a passport req.
You know when you return to Canada, you might have to spend over $2K for a hotel stay package for 3 days?

Arun Sarma

Apr 18, 2020
Hi guys, I was finally able to get some attention on my TRV application from IRCC via webform. They sent me a notification stating they are ok to transfer my application to India in case I want to continue with the application and travel to India. It wont start from scratch and just would be handed over to the office of my location in India. She also mentioned that everything is already cleared on my application although they are not able give any timelines on when the final decision would be made/passport req etc. One my my friend is waiting for more than a month even after sending the passport to Ottawa.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to transfer the application to BLR while I travel to there. Anyone aware of the timelines VFS India may take to get it through. I am ok to stay there for 2-3 months, but don't want to be stranded for 5-6 months or more. Please suggest.

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Hi guys, I was finally able to get some attention on my TRV application from IRCC via webform. They sent me a notification stating they are ok to transfer my application to India in case I want to continue with the application and travel to India. It wont start from scratch and just would be handed over to the office of my location in India. She also mentioned that everything is already cleared on my application although they are not able give any timelines on when the final decision would be made/passport req etc. One my my friend is waiting for more than a month even after sending the passport to Ottawa.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to transfer the application to BLR while I travel to there. Anyone aware of the timelines VFS India may take to get it through. I am ok to stay there for 2-3 months, but don't want to be stranded for 5-6 months or more. Please suggest.
Why would it be a necessity for them to transfer the file to an office in India, when many of them get their passport stamped in India after getting the approval letter for Trv applied inside Canada ?

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Why would it be a necessity for them to transfer the file to an office in India, when many of them get their passport stamped in India after getting the approval letter for Trv applied inside Canada ?
Correct, don't think that is necessary, stamping can be done anywhere for online applicants.

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Correct, don't think that is necessary, stamping can be done anywhere for online applicants.
Exactly right, I think it’s better not to inform them as it complicates things.
Like just getting approval letter and get it stamped from your home country.

suranjan

Oct 14, 2018
NOC Code......
due to medical urgency, me (closed WP) and spouse(open WP) travelled to India after WP renewal but before getting chance to renew TRV. While filing TRV application online, for primary applicant, I had to fill up IMM5257 form but for spouse IMM1295 is coming (the one used for first time to apply for WP outside Canada). Also the application is asking for 3 fees - OWP fee $100, WP fee $155 and biometric $85.
Since the WP extension is already approved the 155 should not be required, neither 1295 form should be required.
But based on answers given to questions, it is not asking to upload approved WP as document proof.
Anybody with similar experience of having approved WP and then applying for TRV from India?

Venu95ram

Feb 6, 2021
Yes you can stamp outside canada, but travel once you get your approval or else you’ll stuck in india because processing time is approx 250 days there. You can confirm again by calling ircc , if you can stamp your passport in india. When did you applied your Trv?
Is this still happening, 250 days for processing?

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
Is this still happening, 250 days for processing?
No bro, what that person said was the overall duration of visa processing is 250 days but for only getting your passport stamped will take around 3-4 weeks most probably but you need to show your passport request letter prior to submitting your passport