+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to India without TRV

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
What if I apply my visa in india?
Bro, if you apply for visa then it would be the start of your application which would take 250 days
But if you submit the trv inside Canada, you get your application processed in 46 days, which is standard processing time and then after you get your trv approval ( passsport request letter ), you can fly back to India and get your passport stamped by showing them the proof of approval

Venu95ram

Feb 6, 2021
Bro, if you apply for visa then it would be the start of your application which would take 250 days
But if you submit the trv inside Canada, you get your application processed in 46 days, which is standard processing time and then after you get your trv approval ( passsport request letter ), you can fly back to India and get your passport stamped by showing them the proof of approval
Will this processing time is same till June 2021? Because I’m planning to do visa in india.. I have to attend my brothers marriage. Will apply pgwp in Canada may only

happy407

Feb 14, 2021
Quick Update!
I talked to an CIC Agent this morning, she told me I can go to INDIA even my application is in process! And whenever I get a passport request from them, I will need to write a WEB FORM and tell them the situation and request them weather I can submit my passport in Indian Passport office!
Hi, I am also travelling to India on 16 feb, 2021 but I am too much stressed because I don't get my TRV or Stamping request yet. I applied for my TRV on Dec 5, 2020 and file was also submitted on the same day, till then there is not a single update. I also submitted a web form but still they don't respond. Can you please suggest me should I go outside Canada and get stamp in India. I can stay over there for 3 months as well. Until then will I get my visa?
Thanks & Regards

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
Hi, I am also travelling to India on 16 feb, 2021 but I am too much stressed because I don't get my TRV or Stamping request yet. I applied for my TRV on Dec 5, 2020 and file was also submitted on the same day, till then there is not a single update. I also submitted a web form but still they don't respond. Can you please suggest me should I go outside Canada and get stamp in India. I can stay over there for 3 months as well. Until then will I get my visa?
Thanks & Regards
For a TRV from inside Canada you're past normal processing time. I'd suggest wait for sometime till you get approval, then travel. Stamping can be done anywhere. If it gets delayed when you're outside Canada, you'll be stuck for some time. But since you're already booked for travel on 16 Feb, nothing much to be done here, you can do the waiting at your home country. You should be getting it within then, hopefully

happy407

Feb 14, 2021
For a TRV from inside Canada you're past normal processing time. I'd suggest wait for sometime till you get approval, then travel. Stamping can be done anywhere. If it gets delayed when you're outside Canada, you'll be stuck for some time. But since you're already booked for travel on 16 Feb, nothing much to be done here, you can do the waiting at your home country. You should be getting it within then, hopefully
But we get the approval online, Right? , so, is it matter in approval time if we go outside Canada?

Lalit7891

Star Member
Sep 23, 2020
I applied for Trv inside Canada. However, if want my passport to be stamped in my home country, will they ask for biometrics?
Since I applied Trv inside Canada, biometrics wasn’t required for me

rower

Sep 29, 2020
British Columbia
I applied for Trv inside Canada. However, if want my passport to be stamped in my home country, will they ask for biometrics?
Since I applied Trv inside Canada, biometrics wasn’t required for me
Stamping happens after your visa is approved with or without biometrics. They won't ask for biometrics during passport request

Feb 16, 2021
any updates on this, even I have applied for my TRV on April1st and will be travelling to India before approval. Just want to check if anyone has got their TRV approval.

Payal Parmar

Jul 28, 2021
I want to visit india in November 2021 bcz its my marriage but i apply for TRV in May 2021 and I didn't get passport request yet what should i do in this situation? I can go inida without TRV and apply over there ??

Payal Parmar

Jul 28, 2021
Hello,

I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process.

If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??

And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC, or Mumbai VFS?

Thank you in advance.

hiii
Did you visit india ??? Can you help me with your process bcz in November its my Weeding and applied for TRV in May 2021 and I'm not sure if i get approved request Untill November or not ? So should I visit or no??