+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to Canada during IEC Working Holiday application

canatime

Nov 21, 2021
Hello,

I am soon travelling to Canada as a visitor to spend time with my significant other. I had had this trip planned for sometime, however I recently received an invitation to apply for the IEC working holiday visa. I have 16 days remaining to submit the application, and am travelling to Canada in one week. I am planning on staying in Canada for a number of months, and have a return flight booked.

I am wondering whether there will be any issue with me submitting the application before or after I have travelled to Canada as a visitor? My main concern is around biometrics, and also which address I should submit as my place of residence when completing the application. I have read that biometrics are currently not required to be given if you are already in Canada when you make the application or when your application is already in progress.

If anyone has any advice on whether I would be better off waiting until I arrive in Canada before completing the application or whether I should submit it now, I'd be glad to hear it.