+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to a third country using passport

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
No you are wrong, it is not a clear rule and many people in the forum have the same question I have, I dont understand how I dont need protection of canada anymore if I am travelling to a third country with my passport. So please stop being so stubborn and being like the people that question your protection needs, as I am sayijng for the hundreth time, I will avoid travelling to my home country for the rest of my life. I just want to go to the gulf which do not accept travel documents except for KSA which I do want to go with but I also want to visit neighbouring countries.
canuck_in_uk is not being stubborn. it is actually kind that canuck keeps on trying to clarify for you what is dictated by IRCC. you started this thread to ask for help and now that you are being given honest advice, you are arguing the person's point just because you don't like the answer. so my advice is, if you do not want to believe anyone here, get a lawyer if you don't already have one, and go through the link Copingwithlife gave at http://ccrweb.ca/en/cessation-basic-information to get information yourself. but please do not argue with senior forum members who are here on their own free will, using their UNPAID time to help as much people as they can with immigration questions.

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
canuck_in_uk is not being stubborn. it is actually kind that canuck keeps on trying to clarify for you what is dictated by IRCC. you started this thread to ask for help and now that you are being given honest advice, you are arguing the person's point just because you don't like the answer. so my advice is, if you do not want to believe anyone here, get a lawyer if you don't already have one, and go through the link Copingwithlife gave at http://ccrweb.ca/en/cessation-basic-information to get information yourself. but please do not argue with senior forum members who are here on their own free will, using their UNPAID time to help as much people as they can with immigration questions.
You said well! He’s the one seeking advice and later arguing with the advice given to him. That’s kinda funny thou!

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Note section 12 of the ruling. Though the Appellant’s did return to their home country, the finding specifically mentions use or renewal of home country passports as part of the findings.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2011/2011canlii94566/2011canlii94566.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQALUmVhdmFpbG1lbnQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=2

And this one

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2014/2014canlii82983/2014canlii82983.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQALUmVhdmFpbG1lbnQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=4

And another

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/irb/doc/2014/2014canlii100593/2014canlii100593.html?searchUrlHash=AAAAAQALUmVhdmFpbG1lbnQAAAAAAQ&resultIndex=4

So, as previously stated, enjoy your trip and be prepared for the potential consequences.

Jen34

Nov 27, 2018
Can someone help me please. So I came here when I was 15 as a refugee. My older brother was the head of the family when we came to Canada. Been in Canada for 16 years, I would like to travel to my home country, is it okay for me to travel with my home pweddinf? I just applied for my Canadian citizenship 2 weeks ago and I really have to make it for my sister wedding.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can someone help me please. So I came here when I was 15 as a refugee. My older brother was the head of the family when we came to Canada. Been in Canada for 16 years, I would like to travel to my home country, is it okay for me to travel with my home pweddinf? I just applied for my Canadian citizenship 2 weeks ago and I really have to make it for my sister wedding.
No you need to wait until you are a citizen because you were a protected person unless you are wiling to risk your status in Canada.

Jen34

Nov 27, 2018
Help please. I used my country passport to travelled to my home country last year. Just found out few months ago that I wasn't supposed to travel with my passport because I came here as a refugee 15 years ago and I don't want to repeat it again. I want to go see my husband in another country in few months. How can I get a travel document? And it it going to affect my status in Canada if I apply for it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Help please. I used my country passport to travelled to my home country last year. Just found out few months ago that I wasn't supposed to travel with my passport because I came here as a refugee 15 years ago and I don't want to repeat it again. I want to go see my husband in another country in few months. How can I get a travel document? And it it going to affect my status in Canada if I apply for it.
You can apply to get an RTD without it causing you a problem. You might want to check to make sure the country you are planning on visiting accepts the RTD. You may also need a visa on top of the. Unfortunately you'll have to see if there are any repercussions from travelling home on your home passport when you renew your PR or apply for citizenship. I guess you also renewed your home passport which is another thing you weren't supposed to do. Why have you not applied fo citizenship?

Mar74

Nov 10, 2018
You can apply to get an RTD without it causing you a problem. You might want to check to make sure the country you are planning on visiting accepts the RTD. You may also need a visa on top of the. Unfortunately you'll have to see if there are any repercussions from travelling home on your home passport when you renew your PR or apply for citizenship. I guess you also renewed your home passport which is another thing you weren't supposed to do. Why have you not applied fo citizenship?
I came here as a minor with my older brother and sister. I didn't had any reason traveling out of Canada that why I didn't bother to apply for my citizenship but I'm really regretting it now. I left my country 20 years ago and 2017 was the first time I returned back there. I didn't even knew I was a refugee until few months ago when I was trying to fill out a sponsorship application for my husband and she told me I wasn't supposed to travel home. Been so worry for the past few weeks.