+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling to a third country using passport

lovecanada227

Sep 7, 2018
Congrats for becoming the PR.

You are not suppose to use your Passport when you got your PR through Protected Person Category. So my advice will be not using your home country Passport.
I am 100% sure that Saudi Arabia accepts TRAVEL DOCUMENT with the PR card for UMRAH.
They do not accept TRAVEL DOCUMENT without PR card.

They are the only Country in the Gulf who accept RTD ( with PR card) for religious purposes..

So contact the Saudi Arabia Embassy, im sure u will have a satisfactory answer and can plan your trip accordingly.
You’re very right about this. He needs to contact the embassy and make inquiry about using his rtd wirh PR for religious purpose and also see if it also be used for any other purpose rather than religious
Yes but I do also want to travel to Kuwait and even maybe to the UAE and that is why, i am going to look into it further because it does not make sense that some people say you can, and some people say you cant. But you have to understand I am not 'just' going to saudi arabia, i am thinking of multiple other gulf countries. Hopefully they can make a clear rule of this for the future.

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Yes but I do also want to travel to Kuwait and even maybe to the UAE and that is why, i am going to look into it further because it does not make sense that some people say you can, and some people say you cant. But you have to understand I am not 'just' going to saudi arabia, i am thinking of multiple other gulf countries. Hopefully they can make a clear rule of this for the future.
It is better to be sure before you embark on the journey! Contact each embassies and know what and what they’ll accept for you to visit them!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It is a clear rule. As I said, travelling on your home country passport means you are reavailing yourself of that country's protection. That would mean that you are not in need of protection from Canada.

Reactions: Buletruck

lovecanada227

Sep 7, 2018
It is a rule. As I said, travelling on your home country passport means you are reavailing yourself of that country's protection. That would mean that you are not in need of protection from Canada.
No you are wrong, it is not a clear rule and many people in the forum have the same question I have, I dont understand how I dont need protection of canada anymore if I am travelling to a third country with my passport. So please stop being so stubborn and being like the people that question your protection needs, as I am sayijng for the hundreth time, I will avoid travelling to my home country for the rest of my life. I just want to go to the gulf which do not accept travel documents except for KSA which I do want to go with but I also want to visit neighbouring countries.

Reactions: ank22

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No you are wrong, it is not a clear rule and many people in the forum have the same question I have, I dont understand how I dont need protection of canada anymore if I am travelling to a third country with my passport. So please stop being so stubborn and being like the people that question your protection needs, as I am sayijng for the hundreth time, I will avoid travelling to my home country for the rest of my life. I just want to go to the gulf which do not accept travel documents except for KSA which I do want to go with but I also want to visit neighbouring countries.
I really don't know how else to say it. If you travel on your home country passport, you travel under the protection of your home country, i.e. you are voluntarily reavailing yourself of your country's protection. If you do that, then you are saying that you do not need protection from your country. It doesn't matter that you are not going to your home country.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/vacation.html

A person can cease to hold their refugee status [A108] if, for example, they voluntarily reavail themselves of the protection of their country of nationality or obtain protection from another country (citizenship).

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Bon Voyage, God Speed, however you may want to avail yourself to the following link
http://ccrweb.ca/en/cessation-basic-information
What is new:
Due to a recent change in the law, you can lose both your refugee status and your Permanent Residence if the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) decides that you accepted the protection of your home country (known as “re-availment”) and therefore that your refugee status should be removed (known as “cessation” of refugee status).

• The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) is actively looking for cases in which they can argue that refugees have accepted the protection of their home country.
Actions that may put you at risk
CBSA may argue that you have accepted the protection of your home country if you:

• Travel to your home country (even for a short visit).
  • Travel using the passport of your home country.
  • Apply for a new passport from your home country.
CBSA may make these arguments against you even if you have lived in Canada for many years.

However it ultimately is your choice on what passport you want to travel on, and where you elect to go to

Last edited:

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
It is a clear rule. As I said, travelling on your home country passport means you are reavailing yourself of that country's protection. That would mean that you are not in need of protection from Canada.
Please answer me this question.

I came to Canada as a refugee with my mom (main applicant) and our claim was accepted.

I got married in Canada and was granted a PR through spousal sponsorship in Canada. Can I use my home country’s passport to travel to a third country like Kuwait?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Please answer me this question.

I came to Canada as a refugee with my mom (main applicant) and our claim was accepted.

I got married in Canada and was granted a PR through spousal sponsorship in Canada. Can I use my home country’s passport to travel to a third country like Kuwait?
As you became a PR through spousal sponsorship, you can travel on your home country passport.

Medoxtar

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
The only problem is don’t travel with your home country passport until you’re a citizen of Canadian. Use your RTD.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
As you became a PR through spousal sponsorship, you can travel on your home country passport.
[ It is important that a person who has come to Canada through a refugee resettlement program no longer use their home country’s passport once they arrive in Canada as it could cause their status to be revoked ]

In the website, it says whoever came to Canada through a refugee program, NOT about the way they became a PR.

In my case, I DID COME to Canada through a refugee program.

Sameerabutt

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
[ It is important that a person who has come to Canada through a refugee resettlement program no longer use their home country’s passport once they arrive in Canada as it could cause their status to be revoked ]

In the website, it says whoever came to Canada through a refugee program, NOT about the way they became a PR.

What about spous who came by sponsor of refugee permanent resident of Canada.can he use passport going to third county .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Which is based on the assumption that a person who has come to Canada as a refugee has also become a PR as a refugee.

Reactions: live&love