+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling Post ITA, but before AOR. HELP!

RazaKazmie

Sep 1, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Summary:

I have received my ITA on 18th Oct 2017, so my deadline is 17th Jan 2018. I live and work outside my home country.

My case is handled by my lawyer, and documents are still pending for the submission from his side. I tried everything to make him realise the urgency, but there is no use.

Query :

I have to travel next week to my home country, so I will be outside of my resident country from 29th Dec 2017 till 19th of Jan 2018. So, the golden question is, would that be ok if my lawyer submit the case while I am travelling to my home country??? or my old PCC will be void and shall be needing a renewed PCC after leaving my home country ? ? ?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
If the PCC is issued less than 6 months ago (at the time of application submission), you will be fine.
If the PCC is issued more than 6 months ago (at the time of application submission), it can't be used and you will have to get a new PCC for your home country. It is fine to have it while being there and you don't have to wait till you leave your home country.
Good Luck!

RazaKazmie

Sep 1, 2017
United Arab Emirates
If the PCC is issued less than 6 months ago (at the time of application submission), you will be fine.
If the PCC is issued more than 6 months ago (at the time of application submission), it can't be used and you will have to get a new PCC for your home country. It is fine to have it while being there and you don't have to wait till you leave your home country.
Good Luck!
My PCC is less than 6 month old, no worries on that.. my question is if my lawyer submit my documents while I am not in my residing country, would that be acceptable by Immigration?

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Summary:

I have received my ITA on 18th Oct 2017, so my deadline is 17th Jan 2018. I live and work outside my home country.

My case is handled by my lawyer, and documents are still pending for the submission from his side. I tried everything to make him realise the urgency, but there is no use.

Query :

I have to travel next week to my home country, so I will be outside of my resident country from 29th Dec 2017 till 19th of Jan 2018. So, the golden question is, would that be ok if my lawyer submit the case while I am travelling to my home country??? or my old PCC will be void and shall be needing a renewed PCC after leaving my home country ? ? ?
The PCC from your country of residence will be fine. It only needs to be less than 6 months old. However, since you are visiting your country of origin, the PCC from that country will become void. It should have been issued after your last travel. I would suggest you don't do that. You become free to travel after your app has been submitted as then the file gets locked. Then you can go wherever, whenever.

Reactions: RazaKazmie

Prakashbe.ckp

Mar 30, 2017
I can understand, but he problem is that I have to travel. It is impossible for me to delay or postpone my travel.
Hi
Is that fine to travel after ita before apr to home country. Pcc already got recently from country of residence for both.

Please reply