Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
Hi All,

I have to Travel outside Canada for some reason,

I have uploaded the photos in the portal and acknowledged that I am in canada,
I guess after this I will receive the eCoPR and PR card,

Can I Leave Canada now?
I was in Canada while acknowledging in the Portal, So I guess it should be fine, If I travel outside now ?
Please let me know.

bpj2289

May 5, 2021
Hi All,

Can I Leave Canada now?
I was in Canada while acknowledging in the Portal, So I guess it should be fine, If I travel outside now ?
Please let me know.
I would be in a similar situation too in a month. Hope to hear from you.

vartserg

Oct 8, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
04-03-2022
Med's Done....
20-04-2022
If you want to travel outside Canada after confirming your presence in Canada you need to put your landing process on hold by sending an e-mail to your virtual landing office with a request and your travel dates.
If you don't do that and your ECOPR will be issued while you are out of Canada it will be considered invalid.

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
H
Hi All,

Can I Leave Canada now?
Please let me know.
How would you justify that to the officer at the border? Since the system would say that as per the info you sent to IRCC was that you are supposed to be inside Canada.

vartserg

Oct 8, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
04-03-2022
Med's Done....
20-04-2022
H
How would you justify that to the officer at the border? Since the system would say that as per the info you sent to IRCC was that you are supposed to be inside Canada.
The officer at the border does not care about the application being processed. The officer only sees the current status TRV/WP/SP/PR.

Reactions: Nishmaha

KyleXY

Apr 23, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
10-10-2022
I was in the exact same situation. I travelled after uploading photos in the portal. IRCC emailed me asking for new entry date to Canada, and only after I reenter Canada would they issue eCoPR

Nishmaha

Star Member
May 22, 2020
If you want to travel outside Canada after confirming your presence in Canada you need to put your landing process on hold by sending an e-mail to your virtual landing office with a request and your travel dates.
If you don't do that and your ECOPR will be issued while you are out of Canada it will be considered invalid.
I recently Crossed the border and came back by Road via US. The officer did not care to listen that I have CoPR with me, all he saw was my passport and work permit, and I was good to go. I would assume, coming in by Air would have different situations. But if you have CoPR or waiting for CoPR you can very well Travel by road, its not big Deal and I just experienced it.