+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travelling India on Canadian Passport without Surrendering Indian Passport

elite_stud

Nov 25, 2015
If you have visa you don't need Indian passport for travelling to India. You need it if you planning to surrender it during your visit.
Travelling on Canadian passport - can i surrender the indian passport once i come back from India. would there be a fine since i did 1 travel without surrendering.
timeline: citizen feb 2024.

elite_stud

Nov 25, 2015
Fine is only if you use Indian passport for travel.
Even if i use only Canadian passport for travel - just wondering if it is ok to have both passports on carry on luggage. would it be better to leave it here itself come back and then surrender or take it and surrender it in INdia.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Even if i use only Canadian passport for travel - just wondering if it is ok to have both passports on carry on luggage. would it be better to leave it here itself come back and then surrender or take it and surrender it in INdia.
Leave the Indian pp and travel just on the Canadian passport with e-Visa (if you plan to surrender in Canada after you come back)
If you wanna surrender it in India, take the Indian passport with you (just don’t present it at the India immigration when you enter India

Last edited:
Reactions: forw.jane