+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling With eCOPR

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
I know this may sound like a silly question but would border control care if the eCOPR has fold marks on it so I can fit it into my passport?

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
I went into the US with Greyhound with no problem & I reentered Canada by private vehicle who two friends shared the driving with my US Passport & eCOPR & the Border Patrol Agent just looked @ it & all the other documents needed & allowed me to reenter Canada without any problem at all. So I guess this answers the question many of us had that you can reenter Canada with a private vehicle by Land Border if you have the eCOPR.

Last edited:

tejasmpatel24

Jan 5, 2023
Hi, I hold an Indian Passport with US and Canadian Visa and Canadian WP, can i fly from India to US and then enter Canada by road with my Ecopr?

From what I understand once Ecopr is generated my visa and work permit will get voided.

For now i am waiting for my Ecopr and PR card but i need to travel to India due to a medical emergency. If anyone is in the same boat or has been in a similar situation please do share your insights.

Karan Sahota

Nov 22, 2018
Hi, I hold an Indian Passport with US and Canadian Visa and Canadian WP, can i fly from India to US and then enter Canada by road with my Ecopr?

From what I understand once Ecopr is generated my visa and work permit will get voided.

For now i am waiting for my Ecopr and PR card but i need to travel to India due to a medical emergency. If anyone is in the same boat or has been in a similar situation please do share your insights.
You can enter canada via land on private vehicle or you can walk and cross.
At Delhi airport airline did ask me for a return ticket from USA but I told them that I have a Pr of canada (showed ECOPR)and I’m heading there. And at Us immigration and canada border just show ecopr and passport and you are good.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Any updates on this topic? Has anyone re-entered Canada with an eCoPR using a comercial flight ?
Impossible unless you happen to hold a US passport.

Dec 19, 2019
Hello I have been waiting on my pr card ehile living in canada for about 3 years and have a ecopr I am traveling in two days back home to the usa my wife seems to think I won't be let back in with just my usa passport and ecopr I wanted to bring back my personal belongings with me as well will this be an issue? She thinks they will deny me.( I'm in a personal vehicle going through a land border/ bridge)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello I have been waiting on my pr card ehile living in canada for about 3 years and have a ecopr I am traveling in two days back home to the usa my wife seems to think I won't be let back in with just my usa passport and ecopr I wanted to bring back my personal belongings with me as well will this be an issue? She thinks they will deny me.( I'm in a personal vehicle going through a land border/ bridge)
You'll have no issues re-entering Canada.

Oct 23, 2023
It says so on their website that if you're in a private vehicle you don't need the PR card or a prtd
Hello,
Please could you share a link for this. Would be great to have a print out handy incase I’m asked something in the border. Planning to try this very soon. Going to cross land border ffrom
New York to niagra.

Reactions: kapilarya85

falakg

Jan 15, 2024
It says so on their website that if you're in a private vehicle you don't need the PR card or a prtd
can you please share that page. it would be handy.
i am in a similar boat. I am in my home country India - My PR Card expired - applied for PRTD - no response yet (1 month)
so thinking to fly to buffalo or other US airport (i do have US visa) and from there i enter Canada in private car.
what i have is -
COPR
Indian Passport
Health Insurance form Manulife
G1 Driver licence

Will this plan work? please advise.