File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
US Border Service agents will always ask what your status is before letting you into the US (from Canada) and you need some document to show your status (a visa in a passport, PR card or something of the sort). There's no such thing as not needing a PR card!!
I've crossed the border so many times for work and this is what happens...always.

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
US Border Service agents will always ask what your status is before letting you into the US (from Canada) and you need some document to show your status (a visa in a passport, PR card or something of the sort). There's no such thing as not needing a PR card!!
I've crossed the border so many times for work and this is what happens...always.
I crossed into the US nearly every day for years (pre-pandemic, and a few times since March 2020) using my US passport and not once have they ever asked me what my status was/is - even when I was driving a Canadian-plated vehicle.

If you're a US citizen entering the US with a US passport CBP has no reason to ask you what your status is. Non-US passport holders' experience may differ, but as I'm a US passport holder I wouldn't know. Perhaps this is what you're referring to? Non-US passport holders?

Reactions: cjr and YVR123

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
The US will always let a US citizen in as long as they have a passport the question is being allowed back into Canada which there was a new covid law passed on June 21,2021 that if you travel in a private vehicle by land you can reenter without the PR card.

Reactions: Underhill

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The individual who asked this - and why it came up - was a US citizen. Hence status in Canada basically irrelevant - and certainly no need to document status in Canada with a PR card, as the person was concerned.

the question is being allowed back into Canada which there was a new covid law passed on June 21,2021 that if you travel in a private vehicle by land you can reenter without the PR card.
The question is indeed about being allowed back in Canada; but I don't think any law was passed due to covid allowing entry at land border without PR card - that's the way it was before covid, too. Whatever the law you're referring to is, it didn't make this change.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Ehh not my experience. US cbp may ask why you were in Canada, but if you're a us citizen they don't need proof of Canadain status. I am a US citizen and when I recently entered the us by land from Canada they asked where I live (Canada) and where in the US I was going to, and if I had any citrus fruit and said have a nice day. If you're a us citizen they really don't care if you have proof of your status in Canada because that's a Canadian problem not a US problem.

If you're not a us or Canadian citizen I guess they might care because if they find you inadmissible to the US they don't want to have an issue with telling you to turn around and go back to Canada.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Once again with the new covid law made on June 21, 2021 you may enter Canada by a private vehicle without the PR card as you as you have eCOPR

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Once again with the new covid law made on June 21, 2021 you may enter Canada by a private vehicle without the PR card as you as you have eCOPR
Source please. This is wrong, it was not new with whatever law you're referring to. It was possible before.

In fact technically don't even need the pr document at a border, if they can determine who you are and match to your pr record. (Not really advisable of course)

Reactions: Underhill

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
If I am a US citizen who just received my eCOPR of Canada a few weeks ago. I know it says you can only travel in a private vehicle to enter Canada until the PR card comes in the mail. My question is can I go on a commercial carried let's say Greyhound to enter the US from Canada with my eCOPR?

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
If I am a US citizen who just received my eCOPR of Canada a few weeks ago. I know it says you can only travel in a private vehicle to enter Canada until the PR card comes in the mail. My question is can I go on a commercial carried let's say Greyhound to enter the US from Canada with my eCOPR?
No

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
I mean into the us no Canada I know I can't enter Canada by a commercial vehicle
Sorry I misunderstood. The us cares no one bit about your copr so you can enter in the us regardless of your status in Canada or what documentation you have of that status. They only need your us passport. Sorry for the confusion. I misread your question