+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to home country as PR after being conventional refugee

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
It technically is at risk if you used your home country passport so nobody should use it. There seems to be a preference to pursue people mainly because they renewed their home country passport or entered their home country but the rules indicate that protected people should travel using a RTD not their home country passport. People get lucky and don’t get caught or pursued for reavailment but it is not worth the risk to use your home country passport.
I’m not the only “lucky “ - as you mentioned.
In 10applicants of citizenship ( to IRCC office, that I met) all of them got approved and became Canadians, despite of the fact that used their home passports and being protected & PR persons.
Please don’t give wrong advice if you never experienced that situation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In 10applicants of citizenship ( to IRCC office, that I met) all of them got approved and became Canadians, despite of the fact that used their home passports and being protected & PR persons.
I am not giving out wrong advice. Just because others didn’t get pursued doesn’t mean the next person won’t. The RTD exists for a reason and should be used instead of your home passport. Canada may focusing on cessation for primarily those renewing their passport and/or visiting their home country but if you are saying that so many people are still using their home country passport there is much higher chances that there will be a crackdown eventually. Would add that not only this is considered reavailment but using your home country passport can lead to you being flagged by CBSA which means you will likely go secondary screenings everytime you fly into Canada and even in countries whereCanada shares immigration information. That alone is a good reason to use RTD. RTD is not difficult to get so why take a chance on your future?

Reactions: Toronto1971

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
I am not giving out wrong advice. Just because others didn’t get pursued doesn’t mean the next person won’t. The RTD exists for a reason and should be used instead of your home passport. Canada may focusing on cessation for primarily those renewing their passport and/or visiting their home country but if you are saying that so many people are still using their home country passport there is much higher chances that there will be a crackdown eventually. Would add that not only this is considered reavailment but using your home country passport can lead to you being flagged by CBSA which means you will likely go secondary screenings everytime you fly into Canada and even in countries whereCanada shares immigration information. That alone is a good reason to use RTD. RTD is not difficult to get so why take a chance on your future?
You are absolutely true 2 weeks ago my friend coming from his home country after got his pr card when he landed at Montreal airport they stopped him they stopped him 3 hours they really angry why he went to his home country and he said yes he applied asylum but after few months he got married he withdraw his asylum application because luckily his pr come in 6 months and pr card in one month after 2 months he got his home country passport back luckily his wife with him they traveled together she is Canadian citizen he said to immigration he can fly where ever he wants cos he withdraw Hua application he got pr through spouse so officer had no option he said sorry to him let him go but my point is he has genuine reason so he escape big if anyone go after Refugee pr i am 100 percent sure they may deport from airport they are very strict .

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
You are absolutely true 2 weeks ago my friend coming from his home country after got his pr card when he landed at Montreal airport they stopped him they stopped him 3 hours they really angry why he went to his home country and he said yes he applied asylum but after few months he got married he withdraw his asylum application because luckily his pr come in 6 months and pr card in one month after 2 months he got his home country passport back luckily his wife with him they traveled together she is Canadian citizen he said to immigration he can fly where ever he wants cos he withdraw Hua application he got pr through spouse so officer had no option he said sorry to him let him go but my point is he has genuine reason so he escape big if anyone go after Refugee pr i am 100 percent sure they may deport from airport they are very strict.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
You are absolutely true 2 weeks ago my friend coming from his home country after got his pr card when he landed at Montreal airport they stopped him they stopped him 3 hours they really angry why he went to his home country and he said yes he applied asylum but after few months he got married he withdraw his asylum application because luckily his pr come in 6 months and pr card in one month after 2 months he got his home country passport back luckily his wife with him they traveled together she is Canadian citizen he said to immigration he can fly where ever he wants cos he withdraw Hua application he got pr through spouse so officer had no option he said sorry to him let him go but my point is he has genuine reason so he escape big if anyone go after Refugee pr i am 100 percent sure they may deport from airport they are very strict .
You cant read ? We talking different subject in this forum:
1- travelling NOT to your home country
2- Do NOT renew your home passport
3- But using your home passport to travel to third countries, DOES NOT make a risk

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
You cant read ? We talking different subject in this forum:
1- travelling NOT to your home country
2- Do NOT renew your home passport
3- But using your home passport to travel to third countries, DOES NOT make a risk
It does if you got your pr through refugee protection visa my friend survive only because he got his pr through spouse he withdraw his refugees case after he got his pr so technically he is free person but he told me officer told me you are safe because u technically not refugee so he is lucky he withdraw his case otherwise officer put him in big trouble he told him you can travel on your home country passport anywhere you like but if u got your pr through protection you are in big trouble even if you coming from third country because once you applied refugees you not suppose to use your home country passport they are not stupid RTD exist for purpose .

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
It does if you got your pr through refugee protection visa my friend survive only because he got his pr through spouse he withdraw his refugees case after he got his pr so technically he is free person but he told me officer told me you are safe because u technically not refugee so he is lucky he withdraw his case otherwise officer put him in big trouble he told him you can travel on your home country passport anywhere you like but if u got your pr through protection you are in big trouble even if you coming from third country because once you applied refugees you not suppose to use your home country passport they are not stupid RTD exist for purpose .
Ok, now open your eyes, read :
1_ I’m Canadian citizen
2- I was a PR protected person
3- I used my home passport to third countries

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
1_ I’m Canadian citizen
Thas good for Big deal lol if you are Canadian citizen ? I am Australian and Canadian citizen . This is my friend account I m just here for information so I can help My friend .

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Reactions: canuck78

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
But two dont make a right. You should not give that advise since no cessation application was put against you.. see below

https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/cessation-and-reavailment-could-i-lose-my-refugee-protection-and-my-permanent-residence-too/
Exactly simba you are right my friend is sleeping now but he told me he only survived at Montreal airport because he withdraw his asylum case once he got pr card still officer interrogated him for 3 hours but eventually officer said sorry cos first he thought he got his pr through asylum or protection pr but once he realised he got married here and he applied spouse and family category visa hé calm down and told him he is free man so my point is here people who claiming they are now citizen even after traveled on their home passport good on you but just because you not get caught and lucky not everyone have same luck so giving wrong information can ruined Someone life I mention this becauseit happened two weeks ago with my friend at Montreal airport he did mention himself officer told him if you traveled your home country after your get asylum pr you will be in deep shit so message is clear don’t know about Toronto or bc Montreal airport super strict right now if someone play with fire go ahead but with your lack of knowledge don’t burn others future .

Reactions: Simba112

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
1_ I’m Canadian citizen
Just because you got lucky doesn’t mean that others will do please don’t tell people that they can use their home country passport to travel after claiming asylum.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Despite of living in Canada for 20 years, she never applied for Canadian Citizenship...1st Mistake
She would be what laymen would call an idiot.

99.99999% of the people who claim asylum have no clue what their passport represents and then feign ignorance. That’s why we see postings from people clamouring to get back their passport, the passport that represents the VERY country they are fleeing from . Hilarious. In this day of the internet there’s no excuse , literally zero excuse to be ignorant of traveling to the country you requested refuge from .

Last edited:

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
She would be what laymen would call an idiot.

99.99999% of the people who claim asylum have no clue what their passport represents and then feign ignorance. That’s why we see postings from people clamouring to get back their passport, the passport that represents the VERY country they are fleeing from . Hilarious. In this day of the internet there’s no excuse , literally zero excuse to be ignorant of traveling to the country you requested refuge from .
Exactly, and appearing in local newspaper wont help her ignorance after negative decisions, including JR. If she managed to go to Iran at first place, then she will be fine when she is deported back to the same country.

Reactions: Buletruck