+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling on Indian passport after receiving citizenship (Re-entry to Canada?)

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Haha.

You fly with carry-on bags and pack it precisely not giving them any reason to open it. Put your Canadian passport in an RFID protected wallet.

If you were referring to bags checked in from Canada to India through US that's not what I meant. I was saying you fly to like Chicago on a separate flight and then go to New Delhi & back and then return to Canada on a separate flight.

You show Canadian/Indian(B1/B2 Visa) passport to enter United States and say you are going to India if they ask. Then you enter and exit India with your indian passport. You have B1/B2 visa which lets you board flight to US. Show them whichever passport you wanna show once in US as they don't really care.
Well played, Mr. Bond, well played! :)

• Haha
Reactions: action.me

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Haha.

You fly with carry-on bags and pack it precisely not giving them any reason to open it. Put your Canadian passport in an RFID protected wallet.

If you were referring to bags checked in from Canada to India through US that's not what I meant. I was saying you fly to like Chicago on a separate flight and then go to New Delhi & back and then return to Canada on a separate flight.

You show Canadian/Indian(B1/B2 Visa) passport to enter United States and say you are going to India if they ask. Then you enter and exit India with your indian passport. You have B1/B2 visa which lets you board flight to US. Show them whichever passport you wanna show once in US as they don't really care.
While tricks like these can very much work (and a lot of people make it work specially using Nepal as entry/exit point), they are dangerous. International travel can be stressful sometimes with issues like delayed flights, lost baggage and this will just add to it. All it would take it is one mistake and the person using these tricks will get into trouble for knowingly lying and breaking the law to game the system. When caught, this will damage ones record with immigration authorities and this may even mean a temporary entry ban for some time.

action.me

May 7, 2021
While tricks like these can very much work (and a lot of people make it work specially using Nepal as entry/exit point), they are dangerous. International travel can be stressful sometimes with issues like delayed flights, lost baggage and this will just add to it. All it would take it is one mistake and the person using these tricks will get into trouble for knowingly lying and breaking the law to game the system. When caught, this will damage ones record with immigration authorities and this may even mean a temporary entry ban for some time.
Hmm.. I still think flying through US is very much legit. US immigration acknowledges dual citizenship and has no problem with it and so does Canadian immigration. India doesn't acknowledge it so you show them you are an Indian citizen and that only.

The only thing you are risking here is when your US Visa and/or indian passport expire you can't surrender it without paying penalty and best way to do it would be from outside India to avoid dealing with them. They have no authority overseas and Canadian laws won't allow you to be extradited for immigration violations in a third country. Technically (based on laws in India) you cease to be an Indian citizen the day you acquire foreign citizenship so there's no way Canada will deem you stateless and send you to India because you traveled on an Indian passport to India itself. Your passport is not void until the govt officially cancels it or revokes it so it remains to be a valid travel document.