+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling/Flights to Canada from India during COVID 19

hasandhu

Aug 30, 2019
Dear Members,

My wife, who is a Primary Applicant, is currently in Dubai and I am stuck in India for the last 4 months. However we are planning to travel to Canada from our respective locations. Please advice me on the following :

1. Can we travel separately from our respective locations to land directly in Canada ?
2. Is it Mandatory for the Primary applicant to reach and land first or I can also do the same?
3. Can I follow and land the next day after my wife (the primary applicant) has landed at Canada ?

Awaiting responses guys.

Thanking in advance.

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Dear Members,

My wife, who is a Primary Applicant, is currently in Dubai and I am stuck in India for the last 4 months. However we are planning to travel to Canada from our respective locations. Please advice me on the following :

1. Can we travel separately from our respective locations to land directly in Canada ?
2. Is it Mandatory for the Primary applicant to reach and land first or I can also do the same?
3. Can I follow and land the next day after my wife (the primary applicant) has landed at Canada ?

Awaiting responses guys.

Thanking in advance.
As far as possible try to land on same day few hrs here and there are okay no worries... Also if that option is not possible she will have to land first and only then you can land ... Primary applicant has to land first. Yes your wife can land first and then you can land next day ... Just confirm with CBSA they will allow you spend quarantine together if that's the case.

Reactions: hasandhu

hasandhu

Aug 30, 2019
As far as possible try to land on same day few hrs here and there are okay no worries... Also if that option is not possible she will have to land first and only then you can land ... Primary applicant has to land first. Yes your wife can land first and then you can land next day ... Just confirm with CBSA they will allow you spend quarantine together if that's the case.
Thanks a lot. Seems good.

Reactions: pkhare23

You_Know_Who

Jul 30, 2020
How many of you were successful?
Got the ticket for 18th to Toronto; any place I can see the rules regarding quarantine? Like what guidelines are there if I book an AirBNB for 1 person in a place where already people are staying; and how to navigate the shared washroom, shared kitchen scenario?

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
Folks I landed in Toronto safely on 28th via Qatar airways...and now under quarantine. The whole journey was very smooth..although very tiring. My route was Bom-Del-Doha-Tor.Bombay to Delhi the middle seats were vacant in Vistara. At Delhi airport they will let you wait at the visitors lounge. There were no issues in boarding for copr before March 18. Hammad intl airport had great wifi, so was always connected. Please make sure you get your immigration/landing formalities done properly, as I was let out without copr being stamped, the officer said the passport is enough. I was too tired to concentrate, only to realise it later. Thankfully the IRCC helpline was very supportive and they arranged for a virtual landing by email for me. Thank goodness! Found a prepaid simcard on the airport itself, and a cab outside airport without having the uber app..things are pretty smooth.. This group has been very helpful, thanks to all of you and wish you good luck! Any questions at all please ask away..

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hi, congrats on your landing. Given the recent emphasis on only allowing landing for permanent settlement, did you get any questions regarding this? Did you carry any specific documentation to prove your intent to settle permanently?
No, they did not ask anything regarding this. I did not carry any specific documentation for showing such an intent. As far as I can say, these officials are quite lenient compared to the US Border Officials

b.namit87

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Reactions: You_Know_Who

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
I have booked tickets for Delhi - Vancouver, 30th August. And Vancouver - Calgary (domestic) .
My visa has expired on 1st July.
I'm looking for a place to quarantine for 14 days on Airbnb.

Will they provide an extension or do i have to book a place first ?
I have to admit, you have shown a lot of faith in IRCC and other concerned authorities, particularly in terms of timely responses in current atmosphere. IMHO, one month is not that big a time period for renewing travel docs, considering how normally an applicant has no direct line of contact with the appropriate visa officer handling his/her/their case and the to/fro that might be required. You might have signed up for bit of an adventure there. Wish you all the luck in the world!

To answer your original question, I don't think you need to book a place first (unless you're booking a hotel where you only submit your card details, when you check-in). I feel, if you provide a plan and are also willing to back it up with bookings later when they approve, then that ought to be good enough. Mentioning something like I have the funds, have selected a few options and can book the place/flights as soon as I have confirmation from IRCC should help. Mention the details of shortlisted options so they know you have done your research. Basically it requires good faith on the part of both parties and you have taken the leap of faith first. Kudos to you!

Reactions: PUNK_434

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
@hasandhu, I agree with pkhare23. Just one bit, where I'd suggest being extra careful. Please try to make sure that either your wife clears the immigration check on landing first or both of you do it together.
An extra measure you can take is raising a webform for this query. Since it's a somewhat special case, I think getting a written response would be safer. If you are the one clearing immigration first, you'd be relying on officer discretion to let you through.

Reactions: hasandhu

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Got the ticket for 18th to Toronto; any place I can see the rules regarding quarantine? Like what guidelines are there if I book an AirBNB for 1 person in a place where already people are staying; and how to navigate the shared washroom, shared kitchen scenario?
Good to to know. Congrats!!!
I am not sure about the exact rules but you should have separate bathroom, kitchen, living room and everything possible.
You must not share the space with anyone.
It could be an apartment/basement.

Let us know about your landing experience.

All the best!!!

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
E
Mailing Delhi High Commission is key to get ETA...one case i knw of a lady from Brazil she got Eta on 14th jul and her flight was on 15th...she use to follow up almost daily with her local visa office...finally they asked her to send copy of ticket
Even I read bout it.

Her Visa office must be working and issuing visas/letter.
Also, she booked the ticket in advance.

Our main concern is limited working of NDVO.

PUNK_434

Jan 5, 2020
I have to admit, you have shown a lot of faith in IRCC and other concerned authorities, particularly in terms of timely responses in current atmosphere. IMHO, one month is not that big a time period for renewing travel docs, considering how normally an applicant has no direct line of contact with the appropriate visa officer handling his/her/their case and the to/fro that might be required. You might have signed up for bit of an adventure there. Wish you all the luck in the world!

To answer your original question, I don't think you need to book a place first (unless you're booking a hotel where you only submit your card details, when you check-in). I feel, if you provide a plan and are also willing to back it up with bookings later when they approve, then that ought to be good enough. Mentioning something like I have the funds, have selected a few options and can book the place/flights as soon as I have confirmation from IRCC should help. Mention the details of shortlisted options so they know you have done your research. Basically it requires good faith on the part of both parties and you have taken the leap of faith first. Kudos to you!
Haha ya quite a big leap too it seems ! Let's see how things pan out! I've sent them a webform attaching air tickets and house agreement letter of my sister who stays in Calgary (although I won't quarantine at her place) ..but she will help with the groceries and all stuff ! Have attached 6 months bank statement as well for POF. Fingers crossed now. Or else gone are my 6k . And God knows when air India will refund the remaining amount! Will keep y'all posted!

Reactions: mage