+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling/Flights to Canada from India during COVID 19

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Haha ya quite a big leap too it seems ! Let's see how things pan out! I've sent them a webform attaching air tickets and house agreement letter of my sister who stays in Calgary (although I won't quarantine at her place) ..but she will help with the groceries and all stuff ! Have attached 6 months bank statement as well for POF. Fingers crossed now. Or else gone are my 6k . And God knows when air India will refund the remaining amount! Will keep y'all posted!

The Visa office that processed your PR application was NDVO?

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
@ Indians who took Air India Vande Bharat (AI VB) flights to Canada:

Two questions:
1. Did you fly to Delhi from another city to board the VB International flight to Canada?
2. If so, did you arrive in Delhi and were expected to quarantine because you came from out of state?

This VB sh#t is annoying as it assumes all COPR holders are from Delhi. My worry is that any further "Air Bubble" flights with other carriers for international fliights will originate from delhi only.

hasandhu

Aug 30, 2019
Also Guys,

Any idea I am planning to book the ticket for Vancouver from Dubai but it is Via Toronto. Please let me know where would the immigration will happen and if I am allowed to travel to Vancouver to the connecting flights.

Thanks and Regards,

Oct 8, 2016
Hi,

I am a valid PR holder, and am planning to travel to Toronto from Bangalore via Dubai or Abu-Dhabi(Emirates or Ethiad) in Aug end or early Sep.
Is there a ban on international travel from India currently, as I can see the tickets are available for sale on the airline websites and I am receiving contradicting information about the travel restrictions.

Thanks for the help!

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
@ Indians who took Air India Vande Bharat (AI VB) flights to Canada:

Two questions:
1. Did you fly to Delhi from another city to board the VB International flight to Canada?
2. If so, did you arrive in Delhi and were expected to quarantine because you came from out of state?

This VB sh#t is annoying as it assumes all COPR holders are from Delhi. My worry is that any further "Air Bubble" flights with other carriers for international fliights will originate from delhi only.
For 2nd Answer, check last page Post #277

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi,

I am a valid PR holder, and am planning to travel to Toronto from Bangalore via Dubai or Abu-Dhabi(Emirates or Ethiad) in Aug end or early Sep.
Is there a ban on international travel from India currently, as I can see the tickets are available for sale on the airline websites and I am receiving contradicting information about the travel restrictions.

Thanks for the help!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other

Who can enter Canada
You can travel to and enter Canada if you’re a

• Canadian citizen
  • permanent resident of Canada
  • person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
  • protected person
Foreign nationals, including United States (US) citizens, can travel to Canada only if they’re eligible.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi,

Thanks for the help!
Yes, International flights out of India are banned till 31 August 2020 and limited flights will operate under Scam India's Vande Bharat umbrella till the 31st under its Phase 5. There is some talk of air bubbles opening up with the UK by August 19, but whether additional carriers will operate out of cities other than New delhi is not known.

Reactions: SithLord
Oct 8, 2016
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#other

Who can enter Canada
You can travel to and enter Canada if you’re a

• Canadian citizen
  • permanent resident of Canada
  • person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
  • protected person
Foreign nationals, including United States (US) citizens, can travel to Canada only if they’re eligible.

Yes, the entry to Canada is open. I am wondering about the port of exit from India, on flights that are not Air India(Vande Bharat).
Can Canadian PRs travel from private carriers. There are tickets available on their websites.

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
I don't know.
On my PPR letter , it was mentioned as Primary office- Ottawa on top left corner.
AH , thanks!
Their office is open and do reply to webforms in 5-10 days(I've usually gotten a response in that time even if a generic one)
If you've raised it to them with your ticket and all , you might just be lucky and receive a response on time.
I'd suggest you call them and speak to an agent , tell them you've raised a webform with all the supporting documents , it could possibly help in moving your case forward faster before your flight date. Best of luck : )

Reactions: mage

PUNK_434

Jan 5, 2020
AH , thanks!
Their office is open and do reply to webforms in 5-10 days(I've usually gotten a response in that time even if a generic one)
If you've raised it to them with your ticket and all , you might just be lucky and receive a response on time.
I'd suggest you call them and speak to an agent , tell them you've raised a webform with all the supporting documents , it could possibly help in moving your case forward faster before your flight date. Best of luck : )
Will do, Thanks ! Long weekend over there. So will call Tuesday night IST. Any number on which i can call ? Or can anyone on my behalf call them from Canada itself ?

RT8

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Will do, Thanks ! Long weekend over there. So will call Tuesday night IST. Any number on which i can call ? Or can anyone on my behalf call them from Canada itself ?
It's best you call them, they ask for details(application number, address etc etc) in order to verify before they answer any of your questions.
You can use the textnow app - it assigns a Canadian number to you and you can use that to call(all over wifi). There is a number you can call on, someone in one the forum pages mentioned the number and the exact steps, i can't seem to find it though.
Maybe someone else who has it can assist you.

Reactions: PUNK_434

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Yes, the entry to Canada is open. I am wondering about the port of exit from India, on flights that are not Air India(Vande Bharat).
Can Canadian PRs travel from private carriers. There are tickets available on their websites.
check last page Post #277

Tangygal27

Feb 13, 2018
Guys, I’ve been following all updates on airlines but it’s so confusing.. there are so many dummy flights that I know will never really take off. My copr is expiring 6th sept and I’ve been approved before 18th March 2020. I was originally supposed to be flying in March on delta but since then I’ve been rescheduled numerous times coz of lockdown. Currently I have a KLM flight for 2nd sept but as far as I’ve read only eu citizens are allowed, right?
so what are my options? I’ve seen Videos on air India experience and it gives me shivers when I see ppl sticking right next to each other. I’m supposed to beflying Mumbai to Vancouver. @SithLord if I’m not wrong,this is your route too? You haven’t had any luck with flights either right?
Any insights will be much appreciated From everyone.

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Also Guys,

Any idea I am planning to book the ticket for Vancouver from Dubai but it is Via Toronto. Please let me know where would the immigration will happen and if I am allowed to travel to Vancouver to the connecting flights.

Thanks and Regards,
First landing formalities (Immigration, customs, etc.) are completed at the first port of entry, where you land in Canada. Beyond that, it's considered domestic travel.
I don't have any official source on the matter, but many people who have shared their landing experiences seem to confirm that you can travel onward after clearing immigration at first PoE onward to wherever you're headed within Canada and quarantine only at your final destination. Just make sure that you have enough time for clearing immigration before your next flight.

Reactions: canuck78