+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling/Flights to Canada from India during COVID 19

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Yes! I think we are expecting to hear about which airlines will be operating in August sometime this week. Just waiting on that information before making any bookings. Air India too should be releasing their next phase flight information shortly. Currently, everything is appearing as 'Sold Out' for pretty much the entire month of August.
That sold out has happened because our Great Air India has allowed Authorised Travel Agents to book the tickets ... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I concur that flights are running with limited connection however someone mentioned previously that even if even with B1/B2 visa we can't transit through US.
Yup I remember that. I even replied to that post. Canada and US govt are strongly discouraging unnecessary travel that is why they are saying no but you can have 2 separate tickets and sufficient halt time in USA (for immigration and luggage collection), no one would stop you unless B1/B2 is banned. 2 of my friends traveled last week Toronto-DC-Toronto and none of them is Canada/USA citizen.
Its safer option in terms of transiting than any other route where you are not sure about Visa requirements.

Reactions: pkhare23

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Yes! I think we are expecting to hear about which airlines will be operating in August sometime this week. Just waiting on that information before making any bookings. Air India too should be releasing their next phase flight information shortly. Currently, everything is appearing as 'Sold Out' for pretty much the entire month of August.
I can still see flights though. Which flights are you seeing sold out?

Reactions: pkhare23

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Yup I remember that. I even replied to that post. Canada and US govt are strongly discouraging unnecessary travel that is why they are saying no but you can have 2 separate tickets and sufficient halt time in USA (for immigration and luggage collection), no one would stop you unless B1/B2 is banned. 2 of my friends traveled last week Toronto-DC-Toronto and none of them is Canada/USA citizen.
Its safer option in terms of transiting than any other route where you are not sure about Visa requirements.
Thanks for sharing mate :) ..

Reactions: crackMBA

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I know you didn't ask me, but I am looking at any flights via any location in August. Must be a single ticket flight though. I definitely don't want to deal with the uncertainty and hassle of obtaining a transit visa etc.
Your options will be Qatar, Hong Kong and UAE.

Indian nationals don't require a transit visa for Hong Kong.
Qatar and UAE both give visa on arrival to Indian nationals as long as you have a confirmed booking for destination.

mr1989

Dec 23, 2019
Your options will be Qatar, Hong Kong and UAE.

Indian nationals don't require a transit visa for Hong Kong.
Qatar and UAE both give visa on arrival to Indian nationals as long as you have a confirmed booking for destination.
Does this mean there is a possibility of booking New Delhi - Dubai - Toronto ? for the COPR Holders ?

adicha

Jan 20, 2020
Yes or even Abu Dhabi. Both Emirates and Etihad have non-stop flights to Toronto.
Much appreciated. The question now is - Is Emirates and Etihad operating in August from India? If yes, are they allowing COPR holders to board (i think you confirmed this but want to double check) ?

mr1989

Dec 23, 2019
Yes or even Abu Dhabi. Both Emirates and Etihad have non-stop flights to Toronto.
Are you talking about tickets in August or now ? because the last time I read you could only board flights to Dubai if you are UAE resident or have valid work permit. (Not sure if Toronto via Dubai is an option at this point of time)