+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling/Flights to Canada from India during COVID 19

adicha

Jan 20, 2020
I'm flexible with dates but I was thinking somewhere between 13-20th August
Great! Are your documents in order? Is there a different sub-forum where I can ask questions related to it?

On another note - I haven't seen any India govt. instructions for international flights in August yet. Are people booking flights already on Qatar or Lufthansa etc.?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Great! Are your documents in order? Is there a different sub-forum where I can ask questions related to it?

On another note - I haven't seen any India govt. instructions for international flights in August yet. Are people booking flights already on Qatar or Lufthansa etc.?
What documents are you talking about ??

Qatar Airways flights were special flights arranged by Canadian Embassy..... Lufthansa is allowing people to book but after 16 -17th August .... Keep in mind there is no official announcement from our government or there is no information on Lufthansa website that COPR holder's will be allowed ... So it is a big risk....
Only AI VBM available currently

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Lo behold we have a VBM phase 5 ..... :D :D :D :D :D :D
That’s one good piece of news ! They are assuring people on Twitter that Canada will be added soon to the VBM ... Hope it’s VBM 5!
Let’s wait the announcements... should come in today hopefully! Waiting desperately....

Reactions: pkhare23

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
After 3 email to French Embassy I finally got a reply from them regarding transit:

Dear Sir,

International transit via Paris is authorized for passengers who are either citizens or residents of the final country of destination - proof of travel from France to Canada will have to be submitted to the airline in India prior departure.

Please note that the transit must not exceed 24 hours in the transit international zone of the airport and does not permit an entry on the French territory.

You will have to contact the airlines in order to know if the transfert of your luggage requires you to leave the international zone or not - otherwise you will need a visa.

For your information, the Consulate general of France in Bombay is currently closed to public until further notice.

Best regards,

Consulate general of France in Bombay

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
After 3 email to French Embassy I finally got a reply from them regarding transit:

Dear Sir,

International transit via Paris is authorized for passengers who are either citizens or residents of the final country of destination - proof of travel from France to Canada will have to be submitted to the airline in India prior departure.

Please note that the transit must not exceed 24 hours in the transit international zone of the airport and does not permit an entry on the French territory.

You will have to contact the airlines in order to know if the transfert of your luggage requires you to leave the international zone or not - otherwise you will need a visa.

For your information, the Consulate general of France in Bombay is currently closed to public until further notice.

Best regards,

Consulate general of France in Bombay
So COPR should qualify as transit in Paris?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Just to clarify, when we transit do we mean two separate tickets or just a connecting flight (in which bags should automatically be transferred) ?
From what I understand, two separate tickets should qualify as long as they're confirmed at departure country. I think you will need to get both your boarding passes in India and also have your checked bags tagged till Canada.

rattan786

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
all people asking here about international travel transit.
1. you don't need visa to if you are not changing terminal(mostly) or going outside airport or existing airport.
2. if you transit is less than 24 hrs.
3. single ticket from source to destination with transit through any country.
4. Check cic website if you are allowed to enter canada. copr is good enough to enter in normal days(valid visa).

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
From what I understand, two separate tickets should qualify as long as they're confirmed at departure country. I think you will need to get both your boarding passes in India and also have your checked bags tagged till Canada.
I second this ... have your baggage tagged till Canada and have both boarding passes issue at Indian airport

Reactions: SithLord

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
In the 'Canadians stranded in India' FB group there is talk of Chartered flights on July 28, August 1 and 2 from Delhi.. just thought will let you folks know

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
all people asking here about international travel transit.
1. you don't need visa to if you are not changing terminal(mostly) or going outside airport or existing airport.
2. if you transit is less than 24 hrs.
3. single ticket from source to destination with transit through any country.
4. Check cic website if you are allowed to enter canada. copr is good enough to enter in normal days(valid visa).
Just 1 addition
on point 3.
You would surely need Visa for transiting through USA does not matter if its on single ticket or not.

and on point 1.
If your luggage is not tagged from source(ex: Delhi) to destination(ex: Toronto) and you need to collect your luggage from transiting city(ex: Frankfurt) in case of 2 single tickets. Then you need to exit Frankfurt airport for luggage and check-in again for 2nd flight. Changing terminals does not play any part in it.

Airports may have changed some rules during pandemic that I may not know.

Correct me if I am wrong.
This is from my personal experience of travelling.

All the best.

adicha

Jan 20, 2020
Just 1 addition
on point 3.
You would surely need Visa for transiting through USA does not matter if its on single ticket or not.

and on point 1.
If your luggage is not tagged from source(ex: Delhi) to destination(ex: Toronto) and you need to collect your luggage from transiting city(ex: Frankfurt) in case of 2 single tickets. Then you need to exit Frankfurt airport for luggage and check-in again for 2nd flight. Changing terminals does not play any part in it.

Airports may have changed some rules during pandemic that I may not know.

Correct me if I am wrong.
This is from my personal experience of travelling.

All the best.
> Are you sure about needing a transit visa in US if you have a single ticket?

> In the case of 2 tickets : Exiting Frankfurt airport may not be possible unless you have a transit visa. You will probably have to go through immigration and customs.

I feel like this conversation would be much easier if we all got on a conference call at a predetermined time :)

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
> Are you sure about needing a transit visa in US if you have a single ticket?

> In the case of 2 tickets : Exiting Frankfurt airport may not be possible unless you have a transit visa. You will probably have to go through immigration and customs.

I feel like this conversation would be much easier if we all got on a conference call at a predetermined time :)
For point 1 yes. US requires a transit visa even if you have you a single booking and have all your luggage tagged till Canada.