+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling/Flights to Canada from India during COVID 19

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Hi yes I have booked with Air Canada from Delhi to Vancouver.
Is that a direct flight or with a stopover in Toronto? I am just trying to figure out where the immigration process would be done. As I am looking into flights to Ottawa via Toronto

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Is that a direct flight or with a stopover in Toronto? I am just trying to figure out where the immigration process would be done. As I am looking into flights to Ottawa via Toronto
No I booked the direct flight from Delhi to Vancouver. If you land first in Toronto then your immigration process would be completed there.

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020
Hi everyone
I also have an same issue, me ad my sister got the approval of PRTD and we applied together and we booked tickets together of Air Canada ....she got her letter of authorisation approved and also I have applied for the Authorization letter but I didn't got yet, it has been more than 7 days but still, I didn't get the reply.....will they allow me to travel to Canada without letter of authorization? As I have booked tickets of 5 November.......now what should I do? Please guide me and help me as soon as possible........thank you........

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi everyone
I also have an same issue, me ad my sister got the approval of PRTD and we applied together and we booked tickets together of Air Canada ....she got her letter of authorisation approved and also I have applied for the Authorization letter but I didn't got yet, it has been more than 7 days but still, I didn't get the reply.....will they allow me to travel to Canada without letter of authorization? As I have booked tickets of 5 November.......now what should I do? Please guide me and help me as soon as possible........thank you........
Hi have you got your authorization letter?. I am taking Air Canada on Oct 30 and do you know if we need any Medical test or Covid test to be done before boarding the flight.

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020
Hi have you got your authorization letter?. I am taking Air Canada on Oct 30 and do you know if we need any Medical test or Covid test to be done before boarding the flight.
No they did not mention anything about this. so I don't think that we need to do test. .
but you are going to Canada on October 30 if you get any information about that so please let us know please and share your travel experience ...

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
No they did not mention anything about this. so I don't think that we need to do test. .
but you are going to Canada on October 30 if you get any information about that so please let us know please and share your travel experience ...
Thanks. Sure I will do. I am planning to do the test just to be safe.

Last edited:

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hi, I have reached Vancouver this morning. No covid test required for Air Canada and no test taken on arrival. Immigration process was very smooth.

Reactions: mage

Invisibleguy

Oct 22, 2020
Hello all
I am on an OPEN WORK PERMIT and i came for a family visit to backhome and i am travelling back to canada in mid nov.
does anybody have any idea about hows the immigration process now a days? Is it smooth or do they ask anything specific related to essential travel? I already have a job and i just took a fewdays vacation leave from work. Any help is appreciated...

Suthar_shraddha

Feb 18, 2020
Hello all
I am on an OPEN WORK PERMIT and i came for a family visit to backhome and i am travelling back to canada in mid nov.
does anybody have any idea about hows the immigration process now a days? Is it smooth or do they ask anything specific related to essential travel? I already have a job and i just took a fewdays vacation leave from work. Any help is appreciated...
NI think you have to book ticket and apply travel Authorization letter than back to Canada

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Hello all
I'm not sure, but I don't think there should be any issue, assuming your work permit is still valid and you still have the job. Having a job there IMO satisfies the 'essential travel' requirement. But you should still double-check this with IRCC using a web-form. Twitter may also work.

Also, more information is available here, in case you have not gone through it already: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit.html#toc2

Last edited:
Reactions: Invisibleguy

Invisibleguy

Oct 22, 2020
I'm not sure, but I don't think there should be any issue, assuming your work permit is still valid and you still have the job. Having a job there IMO satisfies the 'essential travel' requirement. But you should still double-check this with IRCC using a web-form. Twitter may also work.

Also, more information is available here, in case you have not gone through it already: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/work-permit.html#toc2
Thank you i checked and they said as far as job is ongoing and have valid workpermit its fine.

Reactions: mage

Jags0211

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am on PR and travelling to India on Nov 6th. I got my RTPCR- exemption approved and Self reporting is also complete. My question is that do I need to register on Consulate?
Is there any registration requirement?