+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling/Flights to Canada from India during COVID 19

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Has anyone travelled through Air Canada from Delhi to Toronto?. Could you please let me know the documents to be presented at the time of check in. Since, Air India has not released the new VB schedule, I am looking at booking Air Canada.

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hello there,

Does anybody know if there are VBM flights in November?
I was looking at Air India flights from Delhi to Toronto in Nov. and I don't see anything
Thanks,
Even I am looking for the same. But still cannot find any schedule being updated on the website

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Have you looked at other options in November? Like through london or germany?
I have checked with Lufthansa, BA, KLM and Air France. all of them only allow Canadian citizens or PR holders who is a spouse of a canadian citizen. Emirates were OK with PRTD holders. But, when I sent the itinerary to ircc email they declined to provide the Letter of Authorization to travel. I believe they want us to travel direct from India to Canada.

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
I have checked with Lufthansa, BA, KLM and Air France. all of them only allow Canadian citizens or PR holders who is a spouse of a canadian citizen. Emirates were OK with PRTD holders. But, when I sent the itinerary to ircc email they declined to provide the Letter of Authorization to travel. I believe they want us to travel direct from India to Canada.
I think there are Air canada flights in November directly from delhi to Toronto

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Yes I am about to book with them. But have to find out the documents they might ask before boarding like medial test etc.
I though they do the test at the air port. If not what sort of test they require. I guess a local doctor's note would be okay, right?

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
My first landing was in Toronto with the COPR. Now is it compulsory to land in Toronto or I shall travel to any city in Canada since I am a PR. I only have a PRTD and not received my PR card yet.

Aryabhatt

Dec 12, 2018
Those who are completing the soft landing and returning to India, which route/airlines are you taking? Looks like British Airways with transit in London has a transit visa requirement.

What are the preferred options from Toronto to Bangalore?

gokul0989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Those who are completing the soft landing and returning to India, which route/airlines are you taking? Looks like British Airways with transit in London has a transit visa requirement.

What are the preferred options from Toronto to Bangalore?
Hi I flew with BA in Feb to do my soft landing. I did not get any transit visa. If you travel with a single ticket from BLR to Toronto on BA and transit time less than 12 hours then no need of transit visa.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hey , thanks!
I have truly considered waiting till feb/March , but like I said what worries me is the amount of time they’ll take to issue an extension if they start asking for medicals and all again.

May I ask , what are you planning ? You’ve raised a ready to travel webform , correct ?
Yes I have raised it already and after Oct 2 announcement. I am going to raise it again.

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Yes I am about to book with them. But have to find out the documents they might ask before boarding like medial test etc.
Have you booked the ticket yet? Would you be landing and staying in Toronto or travelling to some other city?