+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling after PR portal before eCOPR

kidaz

Feb 20, 2022
Hi all,

Following my PNP-EE application a few months ago, I received portal email P1 the other day. I'm waiting on P2 (VO=Montreal). The next steps after P2 are eCOPR and then PR card (as I understand).

I declared I am in canada in replying to the P1 email. I get P2 in the next few days, and will declare in the PR portal that I'm in Canada as well as upload photos etc.

Question: Can I fly to the US briefly between PR portal comlpetion and eCOPR? Must I stay in Canada until eCOPR?

Similarly, must I stay in Canada between eCOPR and PR card?

These questions hinge on whether I'm declaring I'm in Canada at the time of the email/portal completion or am I declaring that I'm STAYING in Canada between that time point and receipt of eCOPR/PR card. I suspect leaving the country could confuse your calculation of total days in the country over the next 5 years when it comes to renew/apply for Citizenship.

Thank you.

makaloo

Oct 20, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Montreal
My attorney said that it was fine to travel out of Canada for short periods after each declaration.

kidaz

Feb 20, 2022
Thank you. My lawyer said the same thing, I just asked. Only if you have another way to get into Canada (I have a WP). You cannot use COPR to enter.