+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel within Canada;lost study permit

virgilinojuca

Dec 8, 2015
Hello. I've been in Canada for 4 months now, with a study and work permit. I have a flight to Toronto in 3 days, but I've just lost my permits. Fortunately, though, I still have my passport. Do you think I will have a problem at the airport? I have already filed a online police report about the loss in order to ask for a replacement, but it takes a few days to get the definitive report by e-mail. Also, I will carry all the documents I presented when they first issued my permits when I got here in Canada.

I hope you guys can answer my question. I am quite worried. Thank you in advance.

shradzsaraf

Jun 29, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
virgilinojuca said:
Hello. I've been in Canada for 4 months now, with a study and work permit. I have a flight to Toronto in 3 days, but I've just lost my permits. Fortunately, though, I still have my passport. Do you think I will have a problem at the airport? I have already filed a online police report about the loss in order to ask for a replacement, but it takes a few days to get the definitive report by e-mail. Also, I will carry all the documents I presented when they first issued my permits when I got here in Canada.

I hope you guys can answer my question. I am quite worried. Thank you in advance.
Travel by all means. Keep a print out copy of the online police report with you. Do not forget that at all. Rest there should not be a problem as you are inside Canada.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

virgilinojuca said:

1. You don't have to file a police report for the lost permits. Apply for 'replacement of an immigration document' online.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certcopy.asp