+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel/Wait Time Question

Ravoles

Jan 29, 2017
Hello,

This is the first time I have joined a visa forum. I know my andwer could be found on the internet, however I have been getting mixed answers.

First off, I am from USA and my wife is from Canada. We originally applied for K1 in the States as she was immigrating there. But when she got pregnant, she wanted to move back to family. We moved back, applied for the inland family sponsorship for me. I am here waiting for my work permit, and PR.

1/How long does it take to receive PR now, for inland and with sponsorship from family... my wife.
2/Am I allowed to travel back to USA, and is she allowed?

Or would it be like for USA where she was not able to unless she had permission?

Thank you.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Ravoles said:
Hello,

This is the first time I have joined a visa forum. I know my andwer could be found on the internet, however I have been getting mixed answers.

First off, I am from USA and my wife is from Canada. We originally applied for K1 in the States as she was immigrating there. But when she got pregnant, she wanted to move back to family. We moved back, applied for the inland family sponsorship for me. I am here waiting for my work permit, and PR.

1/How long does it take to receive PR now, for inland and with sponsorship from family... my wife.
2/Am I allowed to travel back to USA, and is she allowed?

Or would it be like for USA where she was not able to unless she had permission?

Thank you.
1) No one knows. They recently changed the process. You should expect 12 months for inland.

2) Yes you can, but only for short trips. The idea of inland is you are living in Canada, so travelling to the states and living there for work would be a nono. HOWEVER, if for some reason you are denied re-entry to Canada, your app is cancelled. It's unlikely this would happen, but it's something to take into account.