+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to US after submit PR application

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I am going to travel to US after submit my PR application. Is it going to be a problem. Should I cancel my air ticket and stay in Canada until everything finish?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
OdinNguyen said:
Hi guys, I am going to travel to US after submit my PR application. Is it going to be a problem. Should I cancel my air ticket and stay in Canada until everything finish?
You can travel anywhere after you submit your eAPR .

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
You can travel anywhere after you submit your eAPR .
My friend said when they ask us to submit our passport. If there is discrepancy between what we upload and what actually is they will reject our PR even if they approved it. That's really scared the sh** out of me.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
OdinNguyen said:
My friend said when they ask us to submit our passport. If there is discrepancy between what we upload and what actually is they will reject our PR even if they approved it. That's really scared the sh** out of me.
Thats BS. If you travel after your eAPR, the travel stamps will be after that date. CIC does not expect you to stay in your current country till you get your COPR. You are free to travel anywhere. If you move to a different country, then you have to notify CIC about that.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maverick28 said:
Thats BS. If you travel after your eAPR, the travel stamps will be after that date. CIC does not expect you to stay in your current country till you get your COPR. You are free to travel anywhere. If you move to a different country, then you have to notify CIC about that.
How can I notify them about that?

liambll

Mar 22, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Singapore?
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
01-08-2016
Maverick28 said:
Agree. I traveled to other countries (China, Phillipines, etc) after eAPR and my application had no problem.
Possible reason for your friend's case would be he/she stay in other countries for too long -> residency is questionable or police clearance for that country is required.

liambll

Mar 22, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Singapore?
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2016
LANDED..........
01-08-2016
OdinNguyen said:
How can I notify them about that?
You can use Case Specific Enquiry to inform CIC about any changes in your circumstances:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx