27-05-2017
Passport Req..
12-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Hi Everyone,

I have got my COPR a month ago and have booked my travel on feb 9th 2018 with British airways from India.

My passport and visa expires on 03 May 2018 and the validity of my passport will be less than 3 months as of my departure date.

The e-ticket that I have got from make my trip states that the passport must be valid for atleast 6 months. May be this is a generic message applicable for visitor/tourist visa.

Have anyone travelled specifically in British Airways with passport validity less than 3 or 6 months?

PS : I have gone through many threads in this forum and got to know the rules might differ for some airlines.

Regards,
Rachan

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have got my COPR a month ago and have booked my travel on feb 9th 2018 with British airways from India.

My passport and visa expires on 03 May 2018 and the validity of my passport will be less than 3 months as of my departure date.

The e-ticket that I have got from make my trip states that the passport must be valid for atleast 6 months. May be this is a generic message applicable for visitor/tourist visa.

Have anyone travelled specifically in British Airways with passport validity less than 3 or 6 months?

PS : I have gone through many threads in this forum and got to know the rules might differ for some airlines.

Regards,
Rachan
I am not too sure but there's lot of discussions about the same on the Web. You should contact them directly to know better.

Racbil

Apr 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2017
Doc's Request.
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
Passport Req..
12-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Just an update.

Checked with British Airways and Jet Airways customer care. Both the airlines are asking for minimum 6 months validity.

So planning to renew my passport. Below are the comments in the Port of entry rules document section13.18 : Valid visas in expired passports

"Visa officers will not put a visa in an expired document and will not issue a visa for a period surpassing the expiry date of the passport or travel document. Occasionally, documents containing valid visas are cancelled or replaced. If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE along with a valid passport or travel document, the visa is considered valid."

Going by this, I can travel with renewed passport and visa on old passport.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-renewed-visa-on-old-passport.39316/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/renewed-my-passport-after-pr-stamping-yet-to-leave-for-canada.297442/

Reactions: ntkotian

ntkotian

Jan 24, 2018
India
NOC Code......
Just an update.

Checked with British Airways and Jet Airways customer care. Both the airlines are asking for minimum 6 months validity.

So planning to renew my passport. Below are the comments in the Port of entry rules document section13.18 : Valid visas in expired passports

"Visa officers will not put a visa in an expired document and will not issue a visa for a period surpassing the expiry date of the passport or travel document. Occasionally, documents containing valid visas are cancelled or replaced. If a valid visa inside an expired document is presented at the POE along with a valid passport or travel document, the visa is considered valid."

Going by this, I can travel with renewed passport and visa on old passport.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/passport-renewed-visa-on-old-passport.39316/

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/renewed-my-passport-after-pr-stamping-yet-to-leave-for-canada.297442/
hi

can you please advise what you did with regard to your passport, did you renew and travel with new passport?