+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel restriction- foreigner with skilled immigration work permit visa

Lindasantoso

Jun 17, 2019
Hi,

I am going to do my biometrics in asia and then they will process my work permit online. I was nominated under BC PNP. And if it is approved, am I allowed to enter Canada ? First time issuance for work permit btw. I heard that u would get approval letter and need to change it to visa on passport at the airport?

Thanks

Linda

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Temporary workers
Some temporary workers are exempt from travel restrictions if they’re coming for an essential (non-discretionary) purpose.

Find out how to apply for a work permit and what you need before you travel to Canada.

If you travel by air, you need to

Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.

Before you travel to Canada, you must have a plan to quarantine. Your plan must include a place to stay for 14 days upon arrival in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. When you arrive in Canada, we’ll assess your health and your quarantine plan before you leave the port of entry. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada.

"need to change it to visa on passport at the airport"
That is not possible, whatever you may have heard about getting to Canada.

Icke

Jan 29, 2019
Germany
Probably means that the work permit confirmation will be converted into the actual work permit what happens at the airport.

Work permit holders who got approved after March 18th 2020 are usually not exempt from the travel restrictions.