+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel permission to Canada for family reunion.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I have received the Visa for my family and they want to travel canada. As I am on TRV, they can travel to canada, provided IRCC issues a written authorization to my family. I have sent an email to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Can someone suggest how long does it take, to get answer or the authorization letter from the above email ID?

Appreciate any inputs on the same?

Regards,
Vikash Pandey
It is variable. It is unclear whether they will actually be approved. Do not book any flights until you are sure they get approval. Do you have any exceptional circumstances?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But on the website Family reunification it self is a Non Discretionary purpose.
You need a good reason why your family is allowed to travel. You aren't entitled to family reunification since you are not a PR or a citizen. That is why you are asking for special permission.

Myfamvisa

Jul 16, 2020
You need a good reason why your family is allowed to travel. You aren't entitled to family reunification since you are not a PR or a citizen. That is why you are asking for special permission.
Under family reunification clause of IRCC, if you are on TRV and present in Canada, then your direct family members are exempt to travel canada provided you should obtain Written Travel Authorization from IRCC. PR and Citizens do not require this authorization. Please check it is listed in IRCC website.

And I think in difficult times any family would like to stay together along with Spouse and Kids, otherwise things would be difficult without support of the spouse. I think this should be sufficient reason.

Reactions: danilorniepes

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Under family reunification clause of IRCC, if you are on TRV and present in Canada, then your direct family members are exempt to travel canada provided you should obtain Written Travel Authorization from IRCC. PR and Citizens do not require this authorization. Please check it is listed in IRCC website.

And I think in difficult times any family would like to stay together along with Spouse and Kids, otherwise things would be difficult without support of the spouse. I think this should be sufficient reason.
You have to get written authorization. The authorization is not guaranteed.

Jazzysgh

Sep 7, 2020
Hello Raj ji, please let me know if you were able to land with or without an authorization letter. I need my parents here for the same reason and wondering if you can help me. Waiting for your response, Thank you.

Jazzysgh

Sep 7, 2020
Hello all,
I and wife (having valid multiple entry visiter visas and passports) want to visit and stay for 6 months with my son's family, (PR status) in Canada to assist them as our daughter in law is expecting a child.
I need clarification whether the purpose of our visit will be considered as non-optional and we will be allowed to travel?
Hello Raj ji, please let me know if you were able to land with or without an authorization letter. I need my parents here for the same reason and wondering if you can help me. Waiting for your response, Thank you.

raj789singh

Apr 21, 2016
India
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
We r proceeding after 10 days.
There is no need of any Authorization letter for parents who want to go for family re-union with their children who have PR status in Canada. Duration shd be more than 15 days. ( Info on IRCC site)
Book yr air tkts in direct flight ( preferably).
You will have to submit Traveller contact info, 48 hours before arrival online on ArriveCanada mobile app OR in paper form after landing. Hope it helps.

raj789singh

Apr 21, 2016
India
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
There is no need of any Authorization letter for parents who want to go for family re-union with their children who have PR status in Canada. Duration shd be more than 15 days. ( Info on IRCC site)
You will have to submit Traveller contact info, 48 hours before arrival online on ArriveCanada mobile app OR in paper form after landing. Hope it helps.
Here is link to the site.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html