+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel once received P1 email

abi90

Mar 10, 2016
Hi all - I am an October 2023 applicant. I've already asked this question in that thread, but wanted to get the opinion of the wider audience.
I received my P1 email, however I am travelling next week for 4days. I do not want to reply to P1, and then take the chance of having my ECOPR issued while I am away since that will cancel my OWP/TRV and I will not be able to reenter.
My question -should I reply to P1 explaining my travel dates and hope they will continue the process when I am back?
Thanks!

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Since the P1 usually asks for "Date of last time you entered Canada" you travel may invalidate it. Also my wife's P1 indicated a deadline of 7 days to reply. However, I'm not sure how strict they are.

I don't know the nature of your travel (it might be very important), but I would personally prioritize the strategic life goal of completing the PR processes and would suggest to postpone the travel if possible. However, there is a high risk of long wait between P1,P2 and eCOPR... some wait months, some, like my wife, had all three steps within 3 hours, but then you need a PR card for air travel. I think you may use COPR to cross land border (not sure though).

You may try to communicate with the IRCC trying to postpone the landing process due to travel, especially if this is an important travel (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html) - see what falls in that category