+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History - Please Help!!!

cjveron

Apr 13, 2019
Hi! I have a question , i hope you could help me immediately!

I am canadian citizen. I want to invite my parents to come here in canada as a Tourist (since the sponsorship is currently closed). My problem is: My mother had overstayed in USA for 20years and now back in our country of origin (Philippines). In the Visa application, theres a question "HAVE YOU TRAVELLED OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS". I dont want to say yes, because it will just show that my mother overstayed, the immigration might have doubt that she will not leave in canada after her visa expires.

I asked her to get a new passport so it wouldnt show the Phil stamp that she arrived in the philippines.

My question is: Would they know that travel history of my mother despite that her passport is new and no stamp? would canada look first into her travel history?
please hep me. My mother will not overstay here in canada, our intention is genuine because i will apply her for super visa/sponsorhsip once she decided to stay her longer. Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You cannot lie on the tourist visa application. Countries share information. You are expected to provide passports that show the 10 years travel history. If you submit only the new passport with no travel history, you will be asked to provide the other passport.

They will know.

Misrepresentation like this is grounds for a lengthy ban for your mother from ever applying to enter Canada for five years.

cjveron

Apr 13, 2019
Thank you so much! Do you think my mother has a chance of getting canada tourist visa despite of her travel history? In terms of financial situation, my mother has properties and business at home and financially capable to support herself during her stay and also me as her daughter will support her as well.

cjveron

Apr 13, 2019
Also my other option is applying for Super Visa for my mother. Other people said that regardless of your travel history whether you overstayed or not, it doesnt matter because its SUPER VISA. Will my chance is higher of getting this visa instead of tourist for my mom? Please help

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Since your mom overstayed by 20 years(!!) in the US, the chances of her getting a visa to Canada are very low. Supervisa or not.

How long ago did she leave the US? Was she deported?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Also my other option is applying for Super Visa for my mother. Other people said that regardless of your travel history whether you overstayed or not, it doesnt matter because its SUPER VISA. Will my chance is higher of getting this visa instead of tourist for my mom? Please help
A supervisa isn't a get out of jail free card. A 20-year overstay will be viewed as strong evidence against respecting visa requirements. Don't try to hide this; Canada and the US closely share data.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! I have a question , i hope you could help me immediately!

I am canadian citizen. I want to invite my parents to come here in canada as a Tourist (since the sponsorship is currently closed). My problem is: My mother had overstayed in USA for 20years and now back in our country of origin (Philippines). In the Visa application, theres a question "HAVE YOU TRAVELLED OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS". I dont want to say yes, because it will just show that my mother overstayed, the immigration might have doubt that she will not leave in canada after her visa expires.

I asked her to get a new passport so it wouldnt show the Phil stamp that she arrived in the philippines.

My question is: Would they know that travel history of my mother despite that her passport is new and no stamp? would canada look first into her travel history?
please hep me. My mother will not overstay here in canada, our intention is genuine because i will apply her for super visa/sponsorhsip once she decided to stay her longer. Thank you
You have no choice but to declare your mother’s history. As others have said, failing to do so will result in her being banned from Canada for five years.

Both a regular visa and a super visa require your mother to show strong ties to her home country. Her overstay will be a problem for both. She should definitely wait until she has returned to her home country for at least a year before trying to apply to come to Canada.

cjveron

Apr 13, 2019
Thank you for all your replies. Do you think my only option for my mother to come here in canada is thru PARENTS SPONSORHIP PROGRAM? Maybe this one , we wouldnt be denied.

cjveron

Apr 13, 2019
Since your mom overstayed by 20 years(!!) in the US, the chances of her getting a visa to Canada are very low. Supervisa or not.

How long ago did she leave the US? Was she deported?
My mother just bought a airfare ticket and safely arrived home. The only stamp in her passport was the arrival in the philippines.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
My mother just bought a airfare ticket and safely arrived home. The only stamp in her passport was the arrival in the philippines.
Doesn't matter. US airlines send passenger manifests to the CBP and Homeland Security. They know now that she overstayed. You can't omit travel history or else you're misrepresenting. Canada will know.

This will be an issue no matter the visa you apply for, though parental sponsorship sort of eliminates the issue to a degree, though she is required to abide by other visa requirements.

Antony12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
hi,
Did you applied for visit visa or super visa for your mom ?? What was your experience?? It would be great if you share it as my father in law also have the same issue and we want them to visit us in canada ..