+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History in Express Entry Profile

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
I think you'll be fine. I had a list of 10-15 countries that I had to add to the list since there are only so many rows I could fill online in the application form. I filled the rest out in a word document but forgot to upload it as an LOE. My application was approved and no additional information was requested.

zehrakh

Mar 28, 2018
Travel between your country of residence and your country of origin does not need to be reported.

It is incorrect that the idea of the travel history is to "explain" each stamp in your passport. CIC does not even want to see the stamps in your passport (the bio page is enough) and does not require your old passports. The stamps are helpful of course in retracing your travel history so you don't forget anything.

For example, many European countries do not stamp the passport once you are in the Schengen-zone, but you still need to report travel to individual countries even if you don't have a stamp. Some other countries no longer stamp passports but use an electronic system to keep track of entry and exit.

So in other words, follow the instructions. Report all international trips outside your country of residence or origin, whether you have a stamp for it or not.
Dear dan_and,
I am having some complications in filling up my Travel History.
My country of origin is Pakistan and my country of residence is Saudi Arabia.

1) Do i have to mention all my travels from Saudi Arabia to Pakistan
1a) If YES then how to specify To & From dates for such case:

01-01-2018 Pakistan to KSA
01-06-2018 KSA to Dubai
01-10-2018 KSA to Pakistan
01-11-2018 KSA (on going)

1b) IF YES then how to specify my transit stay in which i got out of airport
01-01-2017 Pakistan to Qatar
01-01-2017 Stay in Qatar
02-01-2017 Qatar to KSA

1c) IF NO then please specify how can i mentioned my stay in Qatar as mentioned in 1b)

Simin77

May 14, 2018
Hi, I travel to UK first at 2003 then again to 2005 and finally come back at 2010. Now on my travel history from last 10 year should I start from 2003 or 2005? Both year would be more than 10 years, but I have to declare it so can I start from 2003 or 2005? I went there on study visa. Please advice.

asbhatt14

Apr 11, 2017
Hello Experts,

After ITA, we need to complete online application... In Travel History I have few questions:

I am from India and came to Canada during Jan-2014. I have visited India 3-4 time in last 3 years.

1) Do i need to mention all those travel ?

2) Do I need to include my first travel from India to Canada ?

Thanks in advance.

Hey,

Sorry I am asking questions in your thread directly.
But, I just wanted to know what did you write for both questions in your travel history.

I am filling my details and I have same two questions.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

explorerCA

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
You need to mention ALL travel in the last 10 years. I had traveled to 20+ countries so the no. of visits didn't fit in the space provided. I uploaded a pdf document as a LOE providing all my travel history for the past 10 years as well.

Hey,

Sorry I am asking questions in your thread directly.
But, I just wanted to know what did you write for both questions in your travel history.

I am filling my details and I have same two questions.

Any help would be great.

Thank you

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I stayed in Belgium for 1 year. In this Period of time i visited 17 EU countries and those entries were not stamped in Passport. Do i need to list all trips? In my passport i could show 5/6 countries as a evidence. Then what will i do?

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I stayed in Belgium for 1 year. In this Period of time i visited 17 EU countries and those entries were not stamped in Passport. Do i need to list all trips? In my passport i could show 5/6 countries as a evidence. Then what will i do?
List as much as you remember. If you saved any emails containing flight tickets/hotel bookings etc., that can help. Then also attach an LoE and say that you have included your travels to the best of your knowledge. They won't penalize you if you don't remember absolutely everything.

Witcher89

Nov 6, 2020
Guys, I have travelled to few countries during the last 5 years and I lost my passport in France in 2019. Now can I not mention those travels as I cannot prove? I'm thinking of mentioning only the travel history in the new passport?

Thanks

Dec 18, 2020
I think I go with providing as many details as you can remember - especially those countries without stamps.e.g. Europe in-and-out record.
I have another possibly very amateur question: what if you transfer in one airport? does it count as the country you have been to? I went to Germany but I got transferred in Copenhagen and that is the stamp where I left Schengen area - should I also list Denmark as one of my travelled countries?
Thanks.

Dec 18, 2020
Guys, I have travelled to few countries during the last 5 years and I lost my passport in France in 2019. Now can I not mention those travels as I cannot prove? I'm thinking of mentioning only the travel history in the new passport?

Thanks
to my understanding you shall provide a letter of explanation... and try to remember as many trips as possible, as previously some other experts mentioned: hotels booking emails, airport order, etc.

Saify1

Feb 16, 2022
My friend has an unused visa for which he has not made any travel does this has to be mentioned in the travel history column?